Our Global HR team partners with our business leaders to attract, retain, and develop Hilton's most important asset, our Team Members.
What will I be doing?
As the Senior Manager, Learning, you will manage internal strategic partner functional learning curricula and learning projects that apply to hotels and other parts of the enterprise. You will ensure team members are up to date with internal and external industry changes building opportunities to drive hotel performance. Your focus is on the continued development and performance of team members and partners to the business. You will be responsible for identifying learning needs and driving solutions. Your work will also include ensuring that all learning content is aligned to strategic objectives, is delivered in a consistent, cost-effective manner, and that the training has measurable outcomes. This involves developing content that supports the strategic objectives and accelerates the functional development of the team through the development, implementation, and facilitation of content, along with the partnering of external vendors and measuring the outcomes of learning events.
More specifically, you will:
- Meet regularly with key partners and leadership to anticipate and meet needs in developing curricula and learning.
- Perform needs assessments, as required, to identify trends and learning opportunities specific to team needs.
- Develop and maintain new hire functional training for internal team members.
- Consult with business partners on learning needs to identify root cause, provide recommendations on learning strategies, and lead design, development, and delivery of learning solutions.
- Develop, facilitate, and maintain functional learning plans for internal employees and team members.
- Schedule and manage resources and activities for departmental training.
- Manage own schedule.
- Maintain and update online or offline departmental documentation including but not limited to system user guides and course training materials.
- Work and collaborate with the Learning and Development team to ensure instructional design and measurement of training/learning effectiveness is aligned with strategic business goals.
- Partner with team members to define and implement a learning strategy ensuring alignment with business goals and inclusion of creative perspectives to learning that also are rooted in adult learning theory.
- Manage partnerships with Senior Leaders, Learning & Development, training vendors, or other partners.
- Partner with vendors for content development - craft requests for proposal, review vendor options, handle statements of work/non-disclosure agreements/master service agreements, provide feedback to vendor-based responses/edits from partners, and manage on-time payment of invoices.
- Develop own personal development plan to ensure learning professional knowledge and skills are up to standard.
- Work within established departmental expenditures.
- Manage travel and expenses.
What are we looking for?
Are you a forward-thinking individual that is passionate about learning? Do you love the ability to craft new opportunities for team members through ongoing professional development? If this sounds like you, then you may be a great addition to our team. We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Strong motivation with a focus on seizing performance improvement opportunities for individuals, teams, business units and the organization at large
- Active consultation skills with key business groups to arrive at consensus for effective solutions, taking into account concurrent objectives and priorities
- Excellent presentation skills, both written and verbal, with communication skills that lend to communicating clearly and directly with a variety of individuals
- Strong analytical skills with a problem solver mentality, including an aptitude for addressing any issue in collaboration with others, to identify and prevent potential problems
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Six (6) years of overall work experience
- Four (4) years of Learning and Development experience
- Two (2) years of project management and/or managerial experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word, including an understanding of manipulating presentations, spreadsheets and documents
- Previous experience presenting and facilitating learning solutions to meet strategic objectives
- Willingness to travel 20% of the time, as needed, and flexible with adapting to schedule changes
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- MA/MS Master's Degree in a related field
- Two (2) years of internal and/or external consulting experience
- Global work experience
- Hospitality Industry experience
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!