Hilton is creating a best-in-class data & analytics department that will lead a connected ecosystem of data, technology, tools, techniques, people and processes. This innovative data & analytics function will drive advanced analytics and actionable insights to help drive Hilton's performance.
What will I be doing?
***The location for this position can be McLean, VA or Dallas, TX,
with McLean preferred.***
The Customer Analytics team is focused on using customer data to develop advanced analyses, reporting data structures and predictive models, ultimately providing Hilton with the understanding to help acquire, activate and grow our customer base. We serve as trusted business partner to Hilton's Customer Engagement, Lifecycle and Partnership (CELP) teams, and demonstrate these advanced data techniques to answer the 5-Ws behind the customer:
- Who is the customer?
- What motivates the customer to stay with Hilton?
- When and where will a customer stay/interact with Hilton?
- Why does a customer engage with Hilton and our Honors program?
Working with the Director, Customer Analytics, the Senior Manager, Hub, Customer Analytics, will be embedded within a team of analysts, modelers, technical managers, data strategists and report developers. You will help the team extend our analytical reach into the organization and to employ data-managed methods to Hilton's customer data. You will make heavy use of our customer-centric data environment and will be responsible for delivery of ongoing reporting around these 4 Ws. As our team serves over 100 unique business partners in Hilton, this is a role that can provide career growth both from a skillset and business standpoint.
More specifically, you will:
- Design and engineer a variety of data-managed procedures to elevate our overall output for our partners at Hilton.
- Develop meaningful analysis, which will help our business partners make more effective decisions as they pertain to Hilton's customers.
- Operate from a 'hub and spoke' model, with 'Hub' team members providing the necessary acumen in support of Spoke team members who are the first line of support to the business.
- Serve as a trusted partner to the business, operating in both an advisory and specialist capacity.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Self-starters, who take initiative in handling goals, utilizing analytical skills and possessing flexibility to change
- Strong communicators, influencers and solution-seekers, who effectively communicate at all levels of the organization
- Organizers, who have superb attention to detail and possess a high level of positive energy and drive
- Accountable individuals, who make great use of time management to handle multiple priorities, work well under time constraints and effectively handle concurrent demands to prioritize responsibilities
- Collaborative teammates, with a real passion for building positive relationships through teamwork, exhibit tact and earn trust
- A high level of accountability and commitment to solving problems through critical thinking
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Nine (9) years of professional experience
- Seven (7) years of experience developing transformational data logic, data models, and data automation procedures as it pertains to business analysis and marketing needs
- Three (3) years leading teams of data analysts, data engineers and/or data scientists
- High degree of confidence working in SQL and developing automated SQL scripts across enterprise-wide databases (e.g., Teradata, Redshift, Azure, etc.)
- Desire and creative proficiency to help the business answer customer-centric questions through strategic use of Hilton's customer databases
- Proficiency with and desire to lead a team of like-minded data analysts
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master's Degree
- Nine (9) years of experience developing transformational data processes, logic and automation as it pertains to business analysis, modeling, etc.
- Five (5) years leading teams of data experts, with a focus on delivering to clients and/or business partners; experience working with an offshore team a plus
- Experience leading/managing data-based projects, including directing junior resources in the development of data-based procedures
- Experience developing predictive models in an enterprise framework and/or in cloud environments
- Experience working in a consultative environment or directly for a consulting firm
- Experience leading advanced analytics projects, such as clustering analysis, natural language processing (NLP) and/or other types of machine learning procedures
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!