The Global Marketing team brings to life the unique promise of Hilton's portfolio of brands by defining, creating, and delivering exceptional multi-channel marketing campaigns designed to drive business results.
What will I be doing?
Do you love developing strategy? Are you well versed on the latest trends in credit card marketing? As the Senior Manager, Hilton Honors Financial Partnerships Marketing you will put these very skills to use. You will be responsible for managing and executing the marketing strategy and plan to support Hilton's co-brand credit card portfolio with American Express. You will develop marketing tactics geared to drive awareness and consideration of the portfolio, acquire new cardholders, as well as build loyalty and engagement among the existing cardholder base. This position is a new role based in McLean, Virginia, reporting to the Director, Hilton Honors Financial Partnerships Marketing.
More specifically, you will:
- Lead creative and media agencies to execute marketing plan, while collaborating with the Hilton Financial Partnerships team and working team at American Express daily.
- Collaborate with the Financial Partnerships team and American Express to identify and prioritize cardholder acquisition activities and offers, including business opportunity sizing, anticipated return on investment, and resource scoping.
- Craft marketing strategies and bring omni-channel campaigns to market to drive new cardholder acquisition at an optimal CPA.
- Lead the creative development for a variety of campaigns and asset needs, which will include developing creative briefs, handling agency partners, gaining alignment and approval across key business partners, and making sure all deliverables are on-brand.
- Utilize data and insights to identify high-value prospects to build tailored marketing plans and creative for key audience segments.
- Stay apprised of critical metrics, competitive landscape, and performance pacing to evaluate areas of risk against our yearly business goals.
- Design test and learn plans in collaboration with Marketing Analytics and channel owners; gather and analyze performance metrics, and find opportunities for optimization.
- Handle development of consumer research in coordination with internal customer insights team and third party vendors as needed.
- Own and evangelize the Hilton Honors Financial Partnerships marketing roadmap.
- Coordinate overarching communications strategy to support card portfolio positioning in partnership with the Public Relations team.
What are we looking for?
We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Experience building comprehensive marketing strategies that are able to tell a story and gain consensus across multiple business partners
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely express complex ideas, results, and areas of opportunities (both verbally and written)
- A consistent track record of marketing success in executing complex omni-channel campaigns with a focus on driving credit card acquisition and/or direct response marketing programs
- A deep understanding of credit card retailing best practices, effective positioning and value proposition messaging to engage customers in a highly competitive space
- Experience writing effective creative briefs with ability to constructively provide feedback to internal and external agency partners and guide creative strategy and development
- Demonstrated success running multiple projects from conception through to completion, with precise attention to detail and ensuring all deadlines and deliverables are met
- Experience gathering, analyzing and utilizing customer data and distilling insights to inform marketing decisions
- Experience conducting consumer research and implementing findings within marketing tactics
- Strong problem solving skills and positive attitude
- Outside-the-box thinker with enthusiasm for developing and testing new ideas
- Self-starter with high integrity, enthusiasm, and a desire to work in a results-oriented, collaborative environment
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Six (6) years of professional experience working in marketing at a global organization and/or agency in the credit card retailing space
- Three (3) years of experience building and/or implementing strategic marketing plans in the credit card retailing space
- Ability to travel up to 25%
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master's Degree
- Eight (8) years of professional experience working in marketing at a global organization and/or agency in the credit card retailing space
- Five (5) years of experience building and/or implementing strategic marketing plans in the credit card retailing space
- Experience with budget and CPA performance management
- Ability to draft compelling marketing copy
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!