The Global Marketing team brings to life the unique promise of Hilton's portfolio of brands by defining, creating, and delivering exceptional multi-channel marketing campaigns designed to drive business results.
What will I be doing?
Do you love developing marketing strategies? Are you well versed on the latest trends in credit card marketing? As the Senior Manager, Hilton Honors Financial Partnerships Marketing, you will put these very skills to use as a member of the Global Marketing organization. In this role, you will be responsible for activating the marketing strategy and plan to support Hilton's co-brand credit card portfolio with American Express. You will develop marketing tactics designed to drive awareness and consideration of the credit card portfolio, acquire new cardholders, as well as build loyalty and engagement among the existing cardholder base. This position is a new role, reporting to the Director, Hilton Honors Financial Partnerships Marketing.
More specifically, you will:
- Lead external agencies to activate marketing plan, while collaborating with the Hilton Financial Partnerships team and working team at American Express daily.
- Develop marcomm strategies to drive awareness and relevance of Hilton's co-brand credit card portfolio with new and existing audiences.
- Collaborate with the Financial Partnerships team and American Express to identify and prioritize cardholder acquisition activities and offers, including business opportunity sizing, anticipated return on investment, and resource scoping.
- Utilize data and findings to identify high-value prospects to build tailored marketing plans and creative for key audience segments.
- Stay apprised of critical metrics, competitive landscape, and performance pacing to evaluate areas of risk against our yearly business goals.
- Design test and learn plans in collaboration with Marketing Analytics and channel owners. This includes gathering/analyzing performance metrics and finding opportunities for optimization.
- Lead development of consumer research in coordination with internal customer insights team and third party vendors.
- Coordinate overarching communications strategy and plan to support card portfolio positioning in partnership with the Hilton Honors Public Relations team.
What are we looking for?
We are seeking problem solvers who have a real passion for finding new and creative solutions to hard problems. Success will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Experience building comprehensive marketing strategies that are able to tell a story and gain consensus across multiple business partners
- Excellent communication, with the ability to clearly and concisely express complex ideas, results, and areas of opportunities (both verbally and written)
- A consistent track record of marketing success in executing complex full-funnel campaigns
- Deep understanding of credit card retailing methodologies, effective positioning and value proposition messaging to engage customers
- Experience writing effective creative briefs with ability to constructively provide feedback to internal and external agency partners and guide creative strategy and development
- Experience gathering, analyzing and utilizing customer data and distilling findings to inform marketing decisions
- Experience conducting consumer research and implementing findings within marketing tactics
- Ability to drive clear and comprehensive analyses of marketing programs and optimize accordingly
- Outside-the-box thinker with enthusiasm for developing and testing new ideas
- Self-starter with high integrity, positive attitude, and a desire to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Six (6) years of experience working in marketing at a global organization and/or agency
- Three (3) years of experience building and/or implementing strategic marketing plans in the credit card retailing space
- This role can be based in either McLean, VA or New York City, NY. If based in NYC, will include 25%-50% travel; if McLean, will include 25% travel.
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree and/or MA/MS Master's Degree
- Experience with budget and CPA performance management
- Proficiency with drafting compelling marketing copy
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!