Hilton's Commercial Services organization is comprised of over 5,000 team members driving our sales, revenue management, call center, and analytics functions. These functions are the core of Hilton's commercial engine and are key to Hilton's ability to drive profitable growth.
What will I be doing?
As the Senior Manager of Group, Meeting and Event (GM&E) Strategy, you will work in collaboration with leadership, and internal business partners to evolve and execute the global GM&E vision. You will be responsible for the successful development of strategies and tactics that enhance GM&E tools and the sales process to ensure an optimal customer experience while leveraging points of differentiation to gain competitive advantage. Through assessment of Hilton's current group, meeting and event landscape, market analysis and evaluation of industry trends and technologies, this person will identify areas of opportunity to help maximize GM&E market share and prioritize initiatives.
As the Senior Manager, you should have Group, Meeting, and Event (GM&E) experience and think conceptually, while drilling down and outlining a plan that can be supported across the global portfolio.
More specifically, you will:
- Assist in the development of group, meeting, and event global initiatives in collaboration with leadership and cross-functional business partners.
- Maintain an ongoing emphasis on improving small GM&E conversion, operational processes, and booking activities by engaging with relevant internal partners as well as identifying and developing necessary process improvements.
- Define the needs of the group customer throughout the customer journey (path to purchase, plan, and post-event). This includes outlining success criteria for GM&E product development to enhance the customer experience.
- Assess Hilton's GM&E capabilities, conduct competitive analysis, and evaluate GM&E related products to support recommended strategic changes that will drive the overall GM&E roadmap.
- Provide critical thinking to incorporating emerging trends and technologies into future business processes that support the enhancement of the GM&E customer experience.
- Use analytical and interpretive skills to examine data, ideas, identify assumptions and gather detailed information to support the delivery of GM&E initiatives. This involves ensuring solutions are focused on providing efficient service, meaningful user experiences and improved adoption results, both on and above property.
- Establish positive partnerships with global counter-parts, meeting planners, and key accounts/vendors.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Critical thinking and analytical skills with the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weakness of alternative and differentiated solutions, conclusions, and creative approaches
- Self-starter, well organized, uses good judgment, detail-oriented, willing to take ownership of responsibilities, and possesses a high level of positive energy and drive
- Committed to negotiate and effectively drive consensus amongst crucial partners across the organization
- Superb time management, organizational skills, and ability to solve hard problems
- Handles multiple projects within deadlines and works effectively under time and resource constraints; works well under tight deadlines to effectively balance various, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities
- Works effectively and independently with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills, including written and verbal communication, to explain complex issues in a clear and concise manner, and to engage audiences when presenting these issues broadly
- Ability to influence partners and maintain positive relationships across multiple levels of the organization
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Six (6) years of professional experience
- Two (2) years of relevant experience within the hospitality or travel industry
- One (1) year of practical experience leading cross-functional projects or strategic business initiatives
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Deep understanding of the hospitality industry with experience in the GM&E segment
- Travel - up to 20% of the time
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Eight (8) years of professional work experience with experience in corporate office environment
- Four (4) years of relevant experience within the hospitality or travel industry with a minimum of two (2) years' experience in the GM&E space
- Two (2) years of management or supervisory experience
- CMP (Certified Meeting Professional Certification)
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!