Reporting to the VP Digital Business Transformation and Innovation, the Senior Manager works with internal cross-functional teams, external consultants, and technology companies to manage the innovation and integration process from Experiment to MVP to Launch.
This person must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment building relationships with stakeholders, planning and facilitating meetings and addressing issues and challenges. The Senior Manager helps ensure the team has appropriate resources and processes and manages projects. In this role, you will also interact and collaborate with groups across the organization to integrate projects and promote Incubator activities.
- Encourages and seeks ideas from all parts of the organization by actively engaging and educating employees on how to participate in and contribute to innovation at Allegis
- Partners with leadership to support a culture of innovation, by identifying and driving opportunities to create energy and passion for innovation.
- Supports and develops tools, like the internal idea space, hackathons and design playbooks.
- They perform the screening of various sensors and innovation sources, conducts workshops for brainstorming, use innovation tools and derives ideas from all these activities.
- Works closely with employees to take ideas through design thinking, identifies ideas ready for additional investment and assists leaders with the idea selection process.
- Stays current and educated on technology companies in the HR and recruiting markets. Develops relationships with startups in the space and understands how to engage startups to support Garage experiments.
- Coordinates and tracks projects through each phase of the Incubator cycle, including experiment, MVP, launch and integration into the organization.
- Understands how and when to leverage internal resources and knowledge to design and execute experiments in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Applies design thinking and human-centered research and design methodologies with the development process of the Garage
- Defines and manages product roadmaps and features such as user stories, use cases, user flows, logic flows, and functional specifications
- Helps prioritize development activities with dev teams, assist in determining the best implementation methods
- Support site-based innovation efforts coordination with enterprise efforts, or otherwise.
- Engages and manages external resources to achieve project goals, including consultants, design firms, startups and other partners.
Budget Responsibility: Yes
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
- 5+ years of user-centered design experience and leadership experience
- Design Thinking
- Proven track record of leading and delivering digital products and services
- Ability to quickly distill understand, simplify, internalize and communicate complex or technical concepts to a broad audience.
- Advanced knowledge of user experience, technical & business issues
- Experience leading teams in creating great products, with proven skills in mentoring, presenting, client partnership and visual communication.
- Four year degree or equivalent work experience
- Thorough knowledge of Design Thinking and Human-Centered Design
- Strong relationship building skills, with a demonstrated ability to work independently
- Proven abilities in facilitating and organizing ideas and strategy workshops and/or brainstorming sessions.
- Entrepreneurial, high level of creativity and initiative
- Efficiency: Ability to create as well implement strategic plans (create a vision, as well as execute)
- Strong collaboration skills to build and sustain relationships. Team orientated, passionate about developing others’ skills and capabilities
- Self-motivated; strong sense of ownership and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with proven success with presenting in a confident, concise and compelling manner to large groups and executive management
- Knowledge of the recruiting and HR marketplace
- Customer Service
- Building Relationships
- Business Knowledge / Organizational Acumen
- Self-Motivation/Self Starter
- Leading Self and Others
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.