The Global Marketing team brings to life the unique promise of Hilton's portfolio of brands by defining, creating, and delivering exceptional multi-channel marketing campaigns designed to drive business results.
What will I be doing?
***The location for this position is 140 Broadway, New York, NY.***
As the Senior Manager, Destination Marketing, you will work to develop and lead a regional marketing strategy for New York City. Your responsibilities will include developing a strategy for defined destination(s); building in-market relationships and partnerships in line with business goals; driving traffic and reach through a content plan; using destination assets and relationships to support group business; communicating the value of destination marketing and the Hilton marketing engine to key internal and external partners; and handling critical metrics in support of commercial performance. You will be successful if you have market knowledge, business intuition. You will find yourself responsible for not only creating a high-functioning team with a positive culture, but also helping to grow and develop our future leaders.
More specifically, you will:
- Ensure the NYC market has a tailored annual marketing plan aligned to seasonality, key demand drivers, tentpole events and business needs.
- Partner with colleagues in other destinations to build outbound source-market activity across markets.
- Cultivate and demonstrate key in-market relationships, partnerships and resources (CVBs, DMOs, etc.)
- Develop and craft local partnerships that differentiate Hilton in the marketplace, extend our reach and drive affinity for the Hilton brands.
- Lead and execute partnership activity including: placements in partner marketing channels, social media, content development, contests/sweeps, hospitality/client entertaining, exclusive discounts, etc.
- Develop organic content strategy and curate unique and engaging content that supports our SEO goals and encourages consumers for their next trip.
- Handle site content on a regular basis to hone for seasonality and to drive KPIs.
- Support group business goals within the destination by executing group business activations and other sales partnership activity.
- Promote destination marketing activities and the benefits of the Hilton marketing engine to destination hotels, internal stakeholders, management companies and owners.
- Lead market communications through a series of regular, established touchpoints (in person, phone, webinar, newsletter).
- Ensure destination activities best support commercial performance for the market.
- Perform budget management activities, including reconciling and tracking annual spend against the budget.
- Monitor market trends through maintaining strong industry, partner, and hotel relationships.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for visionaries, who are passionate about creative promotions and who love to have the opportunity to create dynamic campaigns. We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Reciprocal and social team members, who build positive relationships, exhibit tact and earn trust
- Strong communicators, both verbally and in writing, who effectively communicate at all levels of the organization
- Problem solvers, who are flexible and creative in finding solutions for hard problems
- Self-starters, who take initiative in handling goals, utilize analytical skills and possess adaptability to change
- Accountable individuals, who take ownership of projects, effectively communicate results and recommend improvements
- Respectful team members, who possess a strong work ethic, partnership and high degree of integrity
- Motivation to tackle all your tasks with enthusiasm, seizing opportunities to learn new skills or knowledge in order to improve your personal performance
- Consistently demonstrates ability to work independently with minimal supervision on specific projects within agreed time limits
- Thrives in an interdependent work-culture
- Ability to be flexible, respond quickly and positively to changing requirements including the performance of any tasks requested of you and the ability to remain calm in difficult situations
- Communicators, who will positively influence Hilton's partners and who will communicate effectively at all levels
- Creative problem solvers, who are flexible and creative in finding solutions for hard problems, exhibiting your fine attention for detail
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Five (5) years of experience in Digital Marketing, Online Marketing, Media Marketing, Integrated Marketing Strategy or eCommerce experience (SEO, Paid Search)
- Three (3) years of experience developing and handling relationships to meet business KPIs
- Three (3) years of experience analyzing data and presenting findings to internal and/or external customers
- Effective time management and project management skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Travel - 20% of the time
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Five (5) years of experience working in a complex corporate environment
- Five (5) years of experience developing and handling relationships to meet business KPIs
- Five (5) years of experience analyzing data and presenting findings to internal and/or external customers
- Hospitality and/or travel industry experience
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!