Hilton is creating a best-in-class data & analytics department that will lead a connected ecosystem of data, technology, tools, techniques, people and processes. This innovative data & analytics function will drive advanced analytics and actionable insights to help drive Hilton's performance.
What will I be doing?
The newly formed Data Strategy and Governance team supports key functions across the business by utilizing innovative solutions to provide frictionless and timely access to high-quality, integrated data. The team consists of individuals in data governance, data quality, data integration, data modeling, and data channeling, as well as reporting and dashboards.
Working with the Director, Data Architecture & API Library, you will be responsible for ensuring the right data is modeled, shaped and available for consumption in the most efficient way, providing a one-stop shop for sourcing all enterprise data by handling data ingestion activities, API creation, and problem triaging and resolution. You will coach, train and work with team members to build processes for data integration, testing and optimizing the integration patterns between Hadoop and BI tools to maximum performance. Your team is responsible for building API's geared towards large payload data consumption.
More specifically, you will:
- Provide effective ETL(Extract, transform and load)/API architecture support of the entire team for overall approach and methodology and final review of deliverables.
- Design and build of ETL processes across different zones in Hadoop infrastructure.
- Mange priorities for ongoing projects and aligning them with delivery roadmap.
- Lead a team of direct reports (Full time/contractors) for doing the ETL/API development.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional/non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements, as well as automate manual processes.
- Provide technical guidance to the development team to build re-usable data pipelines to ingest, standardize, shape data from various zones in Hadoop data lake.
- Implement continuous improvements in existing processes and code.
- Design and build BI API's on established enterprise Architecture patterns, for data sharing from various sources.
- Design and integrate data using big data tools - Spark, Scala, Hive etc.
- Help lead the library of all deployed Application Programming Interface (API)s.
- Work on multiple projects following Agile/scrum/Kanban.
What are we looking for?
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- An effective communicator, collaborator, influencer and solution seeker across variety of opinions
- A collaborative and organized teammate who builds positive relationships and trust
- An intuitive self-starter, who is organized, takes ownership of responsibilities and possesses a high level of positive energy and drive
- An accountable individual, who leads multiple priorities, works well under time constraints and effectively handles concurrent demands to prioritize responsibilities
- A leader, who can build positive partnerships, makes effective use of time and resource management and persuades individuals or teams to achieve objectives of the company
- A problem solver, who demonstrates flexibility, assertiveness and good attention to detail to resolve any issue
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Five (5) years of experience in data engineering /data integration role
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
- Building programs/processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- Experience in Data warehouse, Data Mart ETL implementations using big data technologies
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing and scalable data stores
- Experience using Agile methodology
- Experience with AWS cloud services: strom, spark-streaming etc.
- Experience in leading a team of three to four (3-4) direct reports
- Experience with API, web services design and development
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Functional experience in hospitality
- End-to-end experience in building data flow process (from ingestion to consumption layer)
- Solid working experience with surrounding and supporting disciplines (data quality, data operations, BI/Data WH/Data Lake)
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, Graph databases
- Solid experience with object oriented programming - Java, C++, Scala
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!