Hilton is creating a best-in-class data & analytics department that will lead a connected ecosystem of data, technology, tools, techniques, people and processes. This innovative data & analytics function will drive advanced analytics and actionable insights to help drive Hilton's performance.
What will I be doing?
The newly formed Data Strategy and Governance team supports key functions across the business by utilizing innovative solutions to provide frictionless and timely access to high-quality, integrated data. The team consists of individuals in data governance, data quality, data integration, data modeling, and data channeling, as well as reporting and dashboards.
Working with the Director, Data Architecture & API Library, you will ensure the right data is modeled, shaped and available for consumption in the most efficient way, providing a one-stop shop for sourcing all enterprise data by being responsible for the data models and APIs, and playing a key support role in data services, aligned by data domain. You will coach, train and teammates to build processes for data integration, testing and optimizing the integration patterns between Hadoop and BI tools to maximum performance. The team would be responsible for building API's geared towards large payload data consumption.
More specifically, you will:
- Develop a team of direct reports (Full time/contractors) for doing the ETL/API development.
- Lead multi projects and priorities in conjunction with DNA roadmap.
- Create and maintaining optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional/non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes.
- Provide technical guidance to the development team to build re-usable data pipelines to ingest, standardize, shape data from various zones in Hadoop data lake.
- Work with team to have functional, scalable, performant data pipelines.
- Optimize data delivery, re-designing code and infrastructure for greater performance/scalability.
- Build analytic tools that utilize data pipeline to deliver actionable insights into customer acquisition, revenue management, Digital and marketing areas for operational efficiency and critical metrics.
- Design and build BI API's on established enterprise Architecture patterns, for data sharing from various sources.
- Design and integrate big data tools - Spark, Scala, Hive etc.
- Guide team in building ELDM (enterprise logical data model) and implementing data virtualization.
- Help direct library of all deployed Application Programming Interface (API).
- Support API documentation of classes, methods scenarios, code, design rationales, and contracts.
- Coach, mentor team members to build an inspiring environment with open communication culture.
- Set clear objectives for the team aligned to accomplish/meet DNA objectives.
- Work on multiple projects following Agile/scrum/Kanban.
- Collaborate with teammates to design/build, maintain small set of highly flexible and scalable models linked to Hilton's specific business needs.
- Highly govern, document and enterprise-aware set of data models used for reporting, dashboards and analytics self-service.
- Effective ETL(Extract, transform and load)/API architecture support of the entire team for overall approach and methodology and final review of work.
- Have an efficient Big Data architecture approach and design for the projects.
- Design and build of ETL processes across different Hadoop zones in infrastructure.
- Handle priorities for running projects and aligning them with delivery roadmap.
- Close engagement with the BI team to optimize models and connection patterns for maximum performance.
What are we looking for?
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- An effective communicator, collaborator, influencer and solution seeker across variety of opinions.
- A collaborative and organized teammate who builds positive relationships and trust.
- An intuitive self-starter, who is organized, takes ownership of responsibilities and possesses a high level of positive energy and drive.
- An accountable individual, who leads multiple priorities, works well under time constraints and effectively handles concurrent demands to prioritize responsibilities.
- A leader, who can build positive partnerships, makes effective use of time and resource management and persuades individuals or teams to achieve objectives of the company.
- A problem solver, who demonstrates flexibility, assertiveness and good attention to detail to resolve any issue.
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Five (5) years professional work experience
- Four (4) years of experience in data engineering/data integration role
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
- Experience building and optimizing 'big data' data pipelines, architecture and data sets
- Build programs/processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- Interpreters who thoroughly understand Data warehouse, Data Mart ETL implementations using big data technologies
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing and scalable data stores
- Proficiency with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, Graph databases (preferred)
- Experience using Agile methodology for BI project delivery
- Shown experience with object oriented programming - Java, C++, Scala (preferred)
- Experience with AWS cloud services: strom, spark-streaming etc.
- Experience in leading geographically distributed teams
- Experience with API, web services design and development
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Functional experience in hospitality
- End-to-end experience in building data flow process (from ingestion to consumption layer)
- Shown working experience with surrounding and supporting disciplines (data quality and operations, BI/Data WH/Data Lake)
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!