Our Corporate Strategy team supports high-impact projects across all aspects of the business. The team drives strategic insight through customer research, customer experience analysis and thought leadership. Hilton Strategy partners with leaders across Hilton to improve operational performance, understand competitive positioning, develop new product innovation, and implement growth strategies.
What will I be doing?
As part of the Hilton's Customer Insights team, the Senior Manager, Customer Insights, will be responsible for supporting Hilton's corporate strategic initiatives by providing world-class qualitative and quantitative consumer research expertise and consultation. You will design and handle bespoke global consumer research, including tracking programs, in support of strategic business decisions. Additionally, you will be responsible for delivering transformative consumer insights from bespoke, syndicated, and other internal consumer insights sources, and facilitating company-wide insights knowledge, synthesis, and collaboration that strengthens our portfolio and fuels human-centered design and innovation. You are expected to analyze consumer insights within the context of the competitive environment, using strong business insight and consultation skills to provide recommendations to senior leaders. You will work with the Marketing organization, Corporate Strategy, multiple business units across the company, other insights functional units, and Senior Leadership to support Marketing strategic initiatives, develop and lead a global brand health tracking program, and consult with key partners on advertising and media effectiveness research. You will work with and oversee/manage third-party research partners. This includes consulting and coordinating with marketing representatives and senior leadership to ensure uniform compliance to established program standards across brands and countries.
Responsibilities will also include consumer research analysis, design, execution, and consultation with/for the Hilton Honors program, brands, and commercial services key partners across multiple hotel categories, from midscale to luxury and across multiple global regions and the supervision, delegation of work, and development of a team. You will report to the Director, Customer Insights.
More specifically, you will:
- Serve as an internal champion and day to day manager for a global brand health tracking program, which includes the management and partnership with a third-party research partner, development and oversight of brand health, advertising and media effectiveness analysis. This includes reporting, identifying and communicating actionable insights that inform marketing communications and brand strategies while also advising the global marketing team on the insights derived from key benchmarks.
- Assist in shaping company-wide strategies and initiatives by serving as a customer insights subject matter expert and consultant on key partner goals, including complex, multi-modal designs and methodologies, agile/iterative solutions, longitudinal/tracking initiatives, robust market-sizing and market modeling (e.g., discrete choice designs, TURF analysis, segmentation, key driver analysis, structural equation modeling).
- Spearhead the design and execution of custom qualitative and quantitative marketing research and analysis. This involves directing the grouping of and assignment of tasks, ensuring optimal allocation of resources and championing world-class and on-time delivery of compelling consumer insights that inform key business decisions.
- Facilitate company innovation by leading or fostering cross-functional collaboration and knowledge of relevant consumer insights, synthesis of insights from disparate internal/external sources for more robust and confident decision-making. This includes evaluation and introduction of value innovative consumer insights methodologies.
- Provide analysis, identify insights and communicate strong insights interpretation. This involves consultation that incorporates your understanding of the hospitality industry, Hilton's business model, the competitive environment and market dynamics that inform key partner business decision-making and equips them for high-reaching advantage.
- Build and maintain productive relationships with senior leaders and mid-level key partners across the organization in order to understand their objectives/strategies and align with their needs.
- Implement and handle departmental processes and procedures to ensure the strategies and directives of the department are carried out and in accordance with department and company directives. You will evaluate and streamline business processes to maximize efficiency and effectiveness within the department.
- Adhere to established methods/protocols for customer research. This includes implementing proper controls to ensure that research projects follow accepted research practices, ethics, and laws, analysis is accurate and insights reflect the data, deliverables are provided in a timely manner, and the privacy of guests and respondents are reasonably protected.
- Influence department team members and key partners and contacts in multiple areas to accomplish the organization's mission, goals, and objectives through motivation, communication, group dynamics, and leadership.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely resolved by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the Company.
- Provide support to the Director, Customer Insights and conduct special projects, as required.
- Handle any and all other job duties as assigned.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for visionaries who are passionate about consumer research and insights and who would love to act as part of a dedicated research team. We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Advanced applied consumer research and analytical skills with a deep understanding of capturing, evaluating, and interpreting performance trends and implications from measurement systems. This includes designing bespoke consumer research to address key business objectives.
- Strong communication skills that will lend to effectively communicating at all levels of the organization. This includes building positive relationships when communicating objectives.
- Project management skills that will be relevant to handling multiple projects and priorities. This involves keeping a cool-head under time constraints, and effectively balancing concurrent demands.
- Dynamic leader, who has experience in building positive relationships, presence and earning respect with senior executives
- Matrix-navigation skills among large and complex organizations with a commitment to meet deadlines
- Advocacy skills with a self-starter mentality
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Five (5) years of relevant work experience
- Five (5) years of experience in lower level or similar positions in applied market research or customer insights roles
- Two (2) years of experience with consulting and/or strategy responsibilities at a consulting firm or within a corporate strategy role or department
- One (1) year of managerial experience
- Experience handling consumer research outside of the United States
- Experience handling third-party research vendors or working for a third-party research vendor
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- MA/MS or MBA Master's Degree in Marketing Research, Social Sciences or Consumer Behavior
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!