Hilton Supply Management (HSM) uses their expertise to forecast and proactively manage our property's supply chains, so hotel employees can focus on what's important - the guest experience. With more than 6,000 hotels in our program (including over 1,500 non-Hilton-branded hotels), HSM drives massive economies of scale and negotiates competitive contracts with industry-leading suppliers - ensuring direct savings on the products their hotel partners use most.
What will I be doing?
As the Senior Manager, Corporate Procurement, you will be responsible for the Procurement of Hilton's Advertising and Marketing services, including Agency relationships (Traditional and Digital Creative/Content, Media, Communications, Customer Experience), Creative and Graphic design, and other related sub-categories. You will build positive relationships with internal partners to understand current state, define future state and strategically source/contract with best-in-class agencies and suppliers. You will influence partners to engage in the Corporate Procurement processes and provide guidance and support with change management as new tools and technology are introduced.
More specifically, you will:
- Maintain a regular cadence with engagement teams driving alignment of business requirements, economic opportunity areas, mutual accountability to partners for sourcing execution and overall improvement to business metrics through procurement activities.
- Build positive relationships with internal and external partners in order to be the resident expert and point of contact in assigned commodity.
- Established knowledge (and observed application) of standard methodology sourcing practices including strategic sourcing, quick-hit contract negotiations, and other RFx (RFI, RFP, RFQ, Reverse Auction) activities.
- Develop and deliver procurement project portfolio by adhering to relevant sourcing plan of record and associated metrics (e.g., value, schedule, metrics, etc.).
- Provide continual support to handle certain aspects of standardizing categories and spend management.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Effective negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal/written communications and presentation abilities
- Strong problem solving skills, including ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others as appropriate and to proactively identify and prevent potential problems
- Build and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with external partners, brokers, industry authorities and internal teams
- Validated and observed cross-functional team facilitation/leadership experience
- Ability to build quick rapport, transparency and credibility through timely follow-through and delivering results
- Robust project management skills as applied to the sourcing process that align to exceeding schedule and scope expectations for Business partners
- Ability to collect beneficial and actionable Industry Research on products/services, industries trends and benchmarks
- Experience in driving supplier relationship management and procurement program development
- Knowledge of Advertising and Marketing process definitions, flow-charting and process management techniques within the Creative Studio Production environment or agency work, working knowledge of the Creative / Marketing Services industries (e.g., Creative, Direct, Digital, Media, User Experience agencies, etc.), knowledge of all primary and supporting industries that impact the supply chain
- Prior Advertising and/or Marketing procurement and sourcing and analytics experience
- Keen ability to look across category spend /initiatives and connect the dots to drive further value delivery
- Demonstrated experience leading large, complex projects
- Deep understanding of and ability execute procurement strategies, develop selection criteria, build survey questions (in RFI, RFP, RFQ), understand cost structures, design pricing and savings methodologies, evaluate responses and facilitate supplier selection with cross functional teams Procurement platform experience (Ariba, Emptoris, etc.)
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Four (4) years of experience in the Sourcing, Procurement, and Category Management or Marketing field
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master's Degree
- Five (5) years of Indirect Procurement experience, preference for within Marketing
- Experience with Procurement tools such as Ariba/SAP
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!