Hilton's Commercial Services organization is comprised of over 5,000 team members driving our sales, revenue management, call center, and analytics functions. These functions are the core of Hilton's commercial engine and are key to Hilton's ability to drive profitable growth.
What will I be doing?
***The location for this position can be in Addison, TX or remote/virtual.***
As the Senior Manager, Change Management, you will lead the tactical delivery of Change Management efforts for new or improved Sales and Revenue Management systems or processes. You will ensure that the Change Management Strategy is crafted, goals are achieved, and that project objectives are met through increased Team Member adoption. Your focus will be on the people-side of change, including business process changes, building a Change Management Plan, and implementing the plan. Your plan should focus on effective communication, training and support for sustained adoption and results.
You will take charge of the change management effort for a number of Hilton's key Commercial Services objectives. These efforts will allow you to work closely with the Director, Project and Change Management, the project manager, the project business lead, Information Technology, Brands, Revenue Management, Operations, Hilton University, other departments, and solution vendors. With an acute emphasis on the development and execution of communications, you will execute all change management and organizational support activities included in the project plan to achieve success.
More specifically, you will:
- Develop and execute a set of actionable items and targeted change management plans to support adoption of the changes required by the project. This includes change approach, communications plan, sponsor roadmap/coaching plan, training plan, and resistance management plan.
- Conduct impact analysis, assess change readiness, conduct change risk analysis and identify risk mitigation activities. You will identify key partners and deliver an operational impact plan for each project.
- Lead the development of change management and training programs alongside other applicable functions. This includes deployment planning and execution, operational support planning, and other transition activities to live, steady-state operation.
- Coordinate with other Hilton Project Managers to ensure that change management plans are aligned with and integrated into the overall project plan, drive deliverables, and support commercial services goals.
- Apply a structured plan to lead change management activities, delegating tasks across the team. This may include coordinating time, change budget, and resources.
- Lead the design, development, delivery and management of communications to support the change management plan. This involves assisting with the design, development, delivery and management of training to support the change management plan.
- Facilitate the gathering of business change management requirements with business Subject Matter Experts among the core and extended project team.
- Work with the project manager to support user acceptance testing, identify key functionality gaps, and partner with IT resources to prioritize requirements and facilitate a remediation plan, if required.
- Offer feedback on all sections of the project to ensure maximum user adoption, including product design, functional and tactical plans, strategy etc., as required.
- Collaborate with business partners to make sure that messages are clear and support business process, standards, and Hilton mission and values.
- Verify that benefit measurement analysis is in line with defined procedures to validate the impact of the solution and associated business process changes post launch. This includes verifying the expected benefits presented in the business case and/or project charter.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of commercial services sales and revenue management business processes and systems across brands and geographies.
- Seek alternative solutions to improve activities which produce benefits or support change for external and internal customers.
- Advance personal development by working with leadership on goals and personal career objectives that will also assist in accomplishing department initiatives.
- Support the team alignment on change management procedures, implement standards as required, and monitor opportunities for improvement.
- Embrace the organizations missions, values, goals and objectives, and demonstrate them through ongoing participation in personal and team activities.
- Seek new ways to improve activities that produce a benefit to the customer (external or internal).
What are we looking for?
We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Strong communicators, both verbally and in writing, who will positively influence Hilton's partners and who will effectively communicate at all levels
- Experienced listeners, who will create and maintain positive relationships at all levels
- Passionate advocates for change, with an aptitude for introducing and inspiring the organization to embrace transformation
- Organized teammates with a results-focus who effectively plan and pay superb attention to detail, working well with tight deadlines, effectively handling multiple, concurrent demands while appropriately prioritizing responsibilities
- Self-starters, who take initiative in implementing goals, operate with a cool-head under time constraints
- Influencers, who encourage others to move toward a common vision or goal combined with a personal commitment to succeed
- Problem solvers, who actively identify and prevent potential problems
- Collaborators, who possess acute business vision, deep understanding of organizational issues or challenges and recognition of need for involvement from other teams
- Independent change managers, who are also adept at leading the independent work of other team members as appropriate
- Quick learners, who will learn new systems or processes
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Seven (7) years of professional experience
- Four (4) years of project management experience
- Three (3) years of related experience in the hospitality industry
- Two (2) years of sales and/or revenue management experience
- Two (2) years of management or supervisory experience
- Experience with creating and using project management tools such as Microsoft Project, Excel, operational impact plans, communication plans, deployment plans or other related project or change management tools
- Deep understanding of project or change management best practices
- Travel - 20% of the time
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree OR ten (10) years' professional experience
- Six (6) years of project management experience
- Four (4) years of sales and/or revenue management experience
- PMP and/or Change Management certification
- Operational experience with end-user processes and systems, such as experience in hotel level Sales, Group, Meetings and Events or Revenue Management
- Proficient with learning new systems and processes with ease through an understanding of current systems: Delphi, OnQ PM, OnQ R&I, OnQ RM, GRO, OnQ FM
- Experience with external vendor partnerships/management
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!