The Global Marketing team brings to life the unique promise of Hilton's portfolio of brands by defining, creating, and delivering exceptional multi-channel marketing campaigns designed to drive business results.
What will I be doing?
***The location for this role can be McLean, VA or Dallas, TX.***
Affiliate Marketing represents one of the most profitable channels within Hilton's digital media portfolio. We are undergoing a transformation in our marketing organization, investing heavily in our technology stack and bringing best-in-class digital talent. The affiliate space is poised to enter a new and exciting phase as major content publishers are investing resources into this space, additionally influencer marketing, programmatic, and improved first party targeting is rewriting what is possible for the channel. We are seeking a digital media pro to build upon a solid foundation and help us to chart new territory and drive first to market opportunities in the affiliate marketing space.
As the Senior Manager, Affiliate Marketing, you will report to the Senior Director, Digital Media, and serve as the main owner and strategic executive for the Digital Media team's affiliate marketing program. You will handle budgeting, profitability, as well as publisher and platform management. A key element of this role will be to drive the adoption of new initiatives and drive incremental new customer growth. This is a builder opportunity - we are looking for a self-directed leader to help us transform our affiliate capabilities into a market leader. Join us as we build a leading global marketing organization.
More specifically, you will:
- Create and drive a roadmap for the rapidly evolving affiliate channel.
- Provide direction to internal and agency partners, and maintain a test and learn method to media optimization in order to hit enterprise and channel goals.
- Actively manage our extensive publisher list in coordination with our platform to achieve results and maintain Hilton's high level of standards.
- Champion the channel and, with the help of the digital media team, form the necessary internal relationships to drive growth as affiliate grows into new areas of opportunity.
- Develop an execution plan to implement long term goal creation that become the basis for short term goals and annual operational planning.
- Work with key partners to develop appropriate objectives for the business.
- Execute the methodologies that drive completion of our objectives.
- Implement and analyze the measurement of channel contribution, working with the Analytics team (where applicable), to ensure effectiveness, usage, and awareness.
- Manage effective partnerships with vendors, internal constituents, other departments, etc.
- Help manage the cross-functional lines and priorities between digital media activities.
- Implement and maintain systems to ensure compliance with Hilton's digital policies.
- Assess actual performance against standards to determine whether the campaign is on target to reach its goals and taking corrective actions as necessary.
- Ensure the business plan and goals are being followed and achieved, provide ongoing improvement as needed.
What are we looking for?
We are seeking dynamic and creative self-starters, who are passionate about using their analytical skills to take on hard problems. We believe success will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- High level of integrity, flexibility and dedication
- Effective and strong communication (written and verbal) and ability to handle multiple projects at a time
- Proven ability to build positive partnerships and work in cross-functionally
- Exceptional attention to detail
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Six (6) years of professional experience
- Five (5) years working in digital media/marketing
- Knowledge of digital media buying, measurement principles, and media math
- Knowledge of DoubleClick Campaign Media (DCM), and web analytics
- Demonstrated ability to direct and set strategy for digital media and optimization activities
- Proven proficiency with negotiating deals and providing ongoing yield in a deal driven environment
- Travel - 20% as required
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Direct experience in Affiliate Marketing
- Knowledge of travel industry or experience in a demanding performance marketing environment
- Experience providing constructive direction to agency partners, driving improved performance and strong relationships
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!