From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature and lighting controls, Hilton's Global Technology team is responsible for building the hospitality experience of the future - for our guests, owners and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
***The location for this position is remote/virtual.***
As the Senior Lead Cyber Security Data Analyst, you will work closely with the Data Governance team in the Data and Analytics function to help implement security solutions that are tailored to the specific risks facing the organization. You will be a critical component to help lead the compliance of policies and standards as a function of an end-to-end Data Lifecycle and Data Development projects as part of the establishment of Privacy and Security by Design. Additionally, you will play a relevant role in maintaining the controls that allows our organization to operate efficiently, cost effectively, and within compliance standards. A good understanding of general database/data warehousing security principals is required.
This position requires the ability to understand and remediate database vulnerabilities while ensuring stability and availability of critical database systems. It will also assist data development teams in identifying, understanding, and applying the information security policies and standards to mitigate data and information security risks. This position works closely with other members of the Data Governance and Data and Analytics function, in a coordinated and focused manner.
More specifically, you will:
- Collaborate with data governance team to ensure data consistency and quality throughout the organization.
- Contribute to the development of cyber data governance and data standards policies.
- Participate in data development agile scrum teams as a data security and protection domain authority and create, manage, and help implement the related requirements as part of the data development teams.
- Provide just-in-time secure application development training to developers and provide mentorship and guidance on the development training for ongoing awareness.
What are we looking for?
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Social communicators, who will positively influence Hilton's partners and who will communicate effectively at all levels
- Dedicated, ambitious individual with good time management and attention to detail
- Working experience with surrounding and supporting data quality, data operations, BI/Data WH/Data Lake, data architecture, and general data management concepts
- Experience in database management and familiarity with UDB, SYBASE, DB2, z/OS and SQL Server RDBMS as well as NoSQL environments
- Experience with database monitoring /vulnerability reporting tools (e.g., Guardium, GBDI)
- Familiarity with industry standards, guidelines, and regulatory compliance requirements related to information security and cloud computing (e.g., GDPR, ISO 27001, Cloud Security Alliance, NIST 800-53, PCI DSS, SOC2)
- Working knowledge of one or more following technologies: Gitlab, Atlassian Stack, Node.js, React, GraphQL and NOSQL databases such as Couchbase
- Experience with scripting and automation techniques
- Self-starters, who take initiative in implementing goals, utilizing analytical skills, and possessing adaptability to change
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Ten (10) years of work experience in Technology or a related field
- Four (4) years of experience in database management
- Two (2) years of in-depth experience with Hadoop, Hive, and/or Redshift
- Experience working in a cloud environment
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Bachelor's Degree OR Associate's Degree plus six (6) years of Technology related experience OR High School Diploma/GED plus twelve (12) years of Technology related experience
- Twelve (12) years of work experience in Technology or a related field
- One (1) year working with AWS/Azure Cloud design and architecture such as SaaS, IaaS and/or PaaS
- Certifications in CISSP, CISM, CEH, CWSP and/or GCWN
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!