Summary of Position Requirements
Responsible for the completion and accuracy of daily accounting functions relative to, but not limited to audit, land budgeting, and financial reporting. This role will contribute as key member of the accounting team in financial management of land development and corporate land approval requests.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage land vendor contracts, change orders, check requests, and invoices.
- Prepare and periodically update annual objectives, budgets, and schedules.
- Perform monthly audit of lot allocation per product/community to ensure land costs are allocated appropriately and any land developments busts are captured.
- Responsible for bond/LOC maintenance. Manage early re-capture of bond/LOC monies back to the Division.
- Facilitate lot takedowns, land deposit requests, and quarterly operations reporting.
- Create and maintain land budgets for all land assets.
- Manage land wire requests and approvals.
- Reconcile lot transfer prices monthly.
- Meet with Land Development team, consultants, and designated members of the Ops team to review and update land budgets on a monthly basis.
- Perform monthly assessment of lot allocation per product/community to ensure land costs are being allocated correctly and any land development busts are captured appropriately
- Review audit compliance schedules on a quarterly basis and communicate deficiencies to the appropriate department heads.
- Assist Division Controller and Asst. Controller with various projects as needed.
- Other duties as deemed necessary by Asst. Controller and Division Controller
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s degree from 4 year college or university is required (Accounting degree preferred)
- MBA and or CPA preferred (not required)
- Minimum of 5 years general accounting experience required
- 3-5 years homebuilding experience preferred
- Strong MS Excel skills required
- JD Edwards experience and Hyperion / Essbase preferred
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the ability to bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and carry materials and supplies weighing 25 lbs or less. Finger dexterity is necessary.
Ability to professionally perform multiple, detail-orientated tasks; good written, verbal and organizational skills; able to follow directions from a supervisor.