Our client is a world leading provider of comprehensive source-to-pay solutions. Some of the largest Commercial, Manufacturing and Life Sciences companies in the world trust this client with billions of dollars of annual spend. Additionally, the cleint is the leading procure-to-pay provider in the Higher Education and Government sectors. Our SaaS-based, source-to-settle solution provides unparalleled visibility, insights and recommendations to procurement leaders and suppliers.
We are looking for a senior level developer to be on one of our Product Development Teams (PDTs) that develop our Procure-To-Pay (P2P) applications. Our PDT's use agile software development principles to build great products that serve the needs of our customer base- gathering and reviewing user requirements, database and application design, coding, testing, installation and maintenance, internal and external customer training and product rollout.
The developers on the team contribute primarily through technical programming expertise, but are an integral part of all team activities. Additionally, developers are expected to work with other Product Development Teams (working on the same product) to ensure continuity of architecture and design.
As a Senior Developer, you will contribute not only by the creation of software, but by sharing your experience with less senior members of the department through design mentoring, development of software components, technical forums, and informal code reviews.
* NOTE MUST BE ABLE TO WORK ON A W2 Basis*
Top 4 Skills:
- 5+ years of experience in Core Java development
- REST API experience
- Knowledge of relational databases
- Senior/Lead experience is a plus: must want to do code reviews, mentor junior people on the team, create direction, and process improvements
Day to Day:
- 75% new development
- Project based work (new features, enhancements, better functionality, new applications based on growth)
- Expanding application to meet global needs and nuances for invoice processes.
- They have DBA's to do the database design, querying, triggers, updates, etc- developers aren't going to be doing this.
- They also have a UX team- doing front-end development will not be a requirement. They do mockups/ prototypes for developers- they can use frameworks that the UX team has created. (Engineers can do UI if they would like, but not mandatory).
* Be an important participant in user story creation and sprint planning activities
* Lead the team toward designing/implementing new functionality that not only meet but exceed customer expectations
* Design, code, test and debug software using 'good coding hygiene' (e. g. solid unit testing practices, object oriented design, responsible refactoring, etc.) to ensure high quality, maintainable software is produced
* Troubleshoot and maintain team's code in production
* Participate in code reviews for team members
* Analyze, propose, and implement internal process improvements
* Define and implement technical direction for your team's projects
* Mentor the more junior developers of the department
* Help bring new team members up to speed on the code base and development processes
* May participate in Usability Studies with our customers
* Excitement and appetite for learning and for building software as part of a focused team
* Expert knowledge and experience using Java, Servlets, JSP or Perl
* Strong working knowledge of relational databases, database design, and SQL is critical
* Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
* Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills
* Experience mentoring junior level developers
* At least 7+ years professional experience developing software is desired
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent is preferred
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email [email protected] .com for other accommodation options.