Our Finance team serves as a critical business partner responsible for managing all global activities related to financial performance, accounting, tax, forecasting, risk management, and asset management.
What will I be doing?
As the Senior Internal Auditor, you will support and lead project reviews of financial, operational, and compliance risks and controls across our global portfolio of business units and hotels, from planning to final report issuance. This position will be part of a team primarily responsible for risk-based audits across Hilton's Americas operations, but you may also be asked to audit hotels and processes across Hilton's Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) and Asia-Pacific (APAC) regions.
Individual project assignments will be performed under the direction of the Vice President and Director of Internal Audit, with specific project oversight provided by the Senior Managers and Managers of Internal Audit. Exemplary leadership and communication abilities, and attention to detail are keys to success in this challenging position. The Senior Internal Auditor will contribute to teams responsible for performing financial, operational, and compliance reviews across various business units and hotels.
More specifically, you will:
- Execute assigned projects efficiently included on the department's risk-based Internal Audit Plan.
- Conduct independent and objective assessments of internal controls, financial results, corporate processes, hotel operations, compliance requirements, etc.
- Partner with management to develop corrective action plans in response to all Internal Audit observations and subsequent follow-ups to ensure closure.
- Participate in internal controls SOX compliance efforts and/or audits of hotels, Area Offices, Central Accounting and other business areas (as needed).
- Lead and work with the audit team, including Internal Audit Team Members, guest auditors, and Hilton's co-source service providers.
- Educate and advise management and process owners on accounting and internal control requirements.
- Build solid working relationships and partner closely with regional Ops Finance Team Members to include process owners and senior management.
- Work closely with regional leadership to identify and mitigate property and Corporate-level risks.
- Execute various aspects of assigned Internal Audit projects (i.e., planning, fieldwork, testing, workpaper preparation, draft reporting, etc.).
- Prepare draft audit programs, request listings, testing strategies, and other pre-audit planning activities aimed at ensuring an efficient and effective audit.
- Schedule and conduct meetings with management to describe audit objectives, coverage areas, timing, and protocols changes and/or escalations.
- Coordinate travel plans and logistics for scheduled audits.
- Help refine departmental methodologies and deliverables in accordance with professional standards.
- Various ad-hoc projects for Internal Audit leadership and/or regional management.
What are we looking for?
Hilton is seeking a star candidate to lead its risk-based internal audit activities. The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Excellent presentation, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to lead meetings
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment with outstanding interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Creative and effective problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic with self-accountability for high-quality results
- Positive personality and perseverance in the face of challenges and / or changing circumstances
- High-energy self-starter capable of completing a diverse workload within strict timelines
- Exercise discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information
- Uphold the highest standards of ethical conduct and integrity
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Three (3) years of general accounting experience or minimum of two (2) years in public accounting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Understanding of internal control concepts/frameworks (e.g., COSO, COBIT)
- Availability to travel up to 25%, or more as needed, including international destinations requiring a passport/visa
- Understanding of current accounting (GAAP) and auditing standards
- Experience and/or knowledge of auditing processes and methodologies, including flowcharting
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley Act provisions and prior experience testing key controls
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree and MA/MS Master's Degree
- Five (5) years of overall experience
- Hotel industry experience
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!