An immediate need has become available in the Greater Los Angeles area as a Senior IT Software Developer! This is a full time position in office, working to architect and develop BI solutions utilizing Oracle database, IBM Cognos and IBM DataStage. Please review the information provided here, after submitting your resume please follow up with a phone call to my office so we can speak in detail about the position.
1. Defines, designs, develops, and deploys new or modified custom software to generate reports, sub reports accessing multiple databases.
2. Defines, designs, develops, and deploys new or modified custom software, programming language, structured query language for relational databases.
3. Reviews deliverables, provides technical advice, makes recommendations.
4. Defines, designs, develops, and deploys new or modified data marts for specific business domains, Extraction Transformation Load scripts, and Business Intelligence dashboards. Optimizes and tunes new or modified data marts.
5. Acts as Project Manager; plans, coordinates, and conducts projects within area of responsibility, including monitoring scope, quality, budget, and schedule.
6. Performs other related Application Software Developer job duties as required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a related field and six years of relevant experience; or a Master's degree from an accredited college or university in a related field and four years of relevant experience.
A Minimum of 2 years of experience with Cognos is required.
Required Knowledge of: Reporting tools concepts and tool specific functions; relational database; Relational Data Base - Data Definition Language We are an equal employment opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age (40 and over), gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected classification under federal and state law.