A large broadcasting/news network partner of ours is looking for a Senior iOS Developer to join our New York Consumer Platforms & Engineering team. Our premiere platform is the digital foundation of all their brands and their Web/Mobile/OTT properties. We love what we do and we’re looking for passionate, talented people to help us lead, grow, and achieve our goals. Joining this corporation is a singular opportunity to be part of a highly successful, dynamic team that has transformed the way people get their information.
You will play a key role in building out and maintaining current native mobile apps, as well as engineering new applications from scratch for all of the brands. You have the unique opportunity to help influence our mobile development stack to create enterprise-level applications on the iOS platform. You will look ahead to challenges across the enterprise and ideate as well as prototype cross-business solutions for all brands. We're looking for someone who is excited to solve challenging technical problems and provide direction to other developers and maintain good communication with stakeholders such as designers, project managers, and product managers. In addition to programming, you will help develop maintain CI/CD solutions, testing solutions, and solidify the development process.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop features and solutions for multiple iOS apps in all the brands our company has
• Architect common packages and modules for use across the different iOS apps to help unify codebases and identify commonality
• Help architect and develop solutions for enterprise-level challenges such as supporting multiple clients with re-skinnable codebases, registration/authentication with shared libraries and backends, and helping ensure timely delivery with reusable, reliable code
• Help further the mobile development stack for unit testing, CI/CD workflows, and deployment
• Collaborate with developers on-and-offsite across different development environments such as web, CMS, and backend service teams
About the technologies we use:
• AWS: EC2, Lambda, RDS, Elasticsearch, Elasticache, S3, SQS, Kinesis
• Java, Kotlin
swift, git, restful json, tvOS, Design Patterns
Top Skills Details:
- 5+ years' iOS development using Swift
- Experience supporting apps that were initially build by an external partner which were brought in-house
- Strong knowledge of design patterns
- Experience with source control systems, specifically Git
- Experience with tvOS development (preferred, but not required)
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Experience with RESTful JSON feed consumption
• Experience with push notification integration and deep linking
• Experience with the latest development paradigms regarding performance, security and coding best practices
• Good communication skills with different stakeholders such as QA, Project Managers and Product Owners
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science (or related field) would be awesome, but not required
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.