You will be a key member of engineering team and take an active role in all stages of the application development: conceptualize, design, build, test, and release. The ability to collaborate with internal and external partners is key to this role.
Over time you will become a subject matter expert on our current Bluetooth low energy based connected products platform and help the business identify new products and features to deploy on it. The position will also spend significant time evaluating new technologies to enhance our current product portfolio and support our future development plans.
The ideal candidate is an inventive problem solver that is capable of working through technical challenges and employing pragmatic solutions.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the core product team on defining product specifications and features based on marketing requirements
- Architect, develop and maintain defined software interfaces with hardware components and firmware.
- Design, develop, document and analyze real-time cost-sensitive embedded firmware for security access control systems using C and Assembly languages on 8,16 and 32 bit microcontrollers.
QUALIFICATIONS, REQUIREMENTS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or similar
- 4 years minimum experience, preferably with battery operated or wireless products
- Knowledge of low-level firmware and system level software
- C/C++ programming capabilities in 8, 16 and 32-bit embedded environments
- Experience with communication interfaces and protocols such as I²C, SPI, Ethernet, USB, EEPROM, NOR/NAND flash
- Experience with Linux kernel and root file system development preferred
- Knowledge in networking protocols (HTTP, HTTPS, TCP/IP), the creation of custom embedded web-server applications, network security, and encryption
- Effective troubleshooting skills and practical experience with system programming
- Proficient in scripting languages and software automation (Python, Lua, bash, etc.)
- Comfortable using Git
- Experience creating simple web-based GUIs for interacting with and configuring applications
- Familiar with the use of compilers, linkers and other common firmware development tools
- Working knowledge of digital and analog circuits as applied to battery operated embedded systems and wireless systems
- Takes an active role in all stages of the application development: conceptualize, design, build, test, and release.
- Ability to read schematics and use lab tools such as an oscilloscope
- Experience with Bluetooth or other low power protocol is a plus.
- Basic hardware soldering skills a plus
- Experience with board bring up is a plus
- Basic proficiency with office software, Word, Excel etc.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.