The Senior Financial Analyst will leverage a strong background in both finance and accounting to explore historical data and predict future results. The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for the financial planning and analysis for the company and its subsidiaries. They will be responsible for forecasting future revenue and expenses in order to determine capital budgeting for potential projects.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Conduct in-depth audits of all business-related accounting data. Thereafter, work with all required parties to make corrections and process improvements.
- Support the proper reconciliation, review, and timely correction of project general ledger accounts.
- Ensure the proper review and approval of all supporting schedules associated with journal entries.
- Provide support and analysis to project management and Government for all billings, disbursements, and labor generated by this project.
- Assist with the proper and timely completion of all contract invoices, corporate required analyses, and contract business transactions.
- Develop and prepare Financial Reports on the status of the Project (i.e. Labor Cost Report and Project Cost Analysis).
- Assist with all accounting audits and corrective actions.
- Understand and communicate the financial and operational impact of any changes.
- Assist with new business opportunities providing input and cost analysis.
- Evaluate irregularities in financial tracking to determine gaps and identify the correct solutions.
- Work with department management to validate resource requirements and associated costs.
- Reconcile funding monthly with associated stakeholders to include developing projections.
- Assist project management to develop and manage project budgets, forecasting, and expenditures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of study, i.e. accounting, finance
- 3-7 years working experience as Financial Analyst or Accountant
- Ability to work in a fast paced and constantly changing environment and as part of a team
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.