I'm currently supporting a full time Sr Financial Analyst position with a very reputable government contractor located in Herndon, VA. The client supports some of the nation's most important and sensitive government programs. They do this by going beyond providing the technology and solutions. They are committing to the success and long-term sustainability of the missions they advance. This opportunity will give this individual the ability to work with one of the most integral programs the company has. This is the most vital sector of the entity. Direct exposure to Senior Executives. If interested, please be sure to apply and send your updated resume
- Performs complex analysis of budgets and schedules needed to meet contractual/project requirements for assigned portions of a program or programs.
- Manage unbilled/revenue recognition per company policies.
- Deep understanding of government contract lifecyle to support program level finance.
- Acts as a key technical expert on financial analysis issues.
- Coordinates, negotiates and resolves financial compliance issues with various governmental agencies to ensure accurate interpretation of contract requirements.
- Establishes and defines program plan requirements for assigned work. Coordinates interdepartmental development of program plans and interfaces with vendors and customers as required.
- Monitors and reports performance against plans to ensure that contractual cost and schedule objectives are met.
- Monitors the status of financial accounts, ensuring that task order charges accurately reflects the correct labor hours and rates, subcontractor costs and other direct costs (ODCs).
- Monitors spending versus plan and notifies management promptly of any over runs/under runs.
- Interfaces with top management, responding to their requests for financial data. Resolves reporting and compliance issues.
Top Skills Details
- 3+ years of experience in Costpoint
- Knowledge of Revenue Recognition and Unbilled analysis
- 3+ years of financial analysis for a federal contractor
Additional Skills & Qualifications
- 2-5 years working in government contracting
- 1-3 years working in finance and accounting
- Experience with costpoint and cognos
- Experience supporting a Cyber, Defense, or Homeland program
Performance Expectations-This person will be measured on their ability to perform complex analysis on one of the biggest programs for the Defense and Homeland sector
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.