Our Finance team serves as a critical business partner responsible for managing all global activities related to financial performance, accounting, tax, forecasting, risk management, and asset management.
What will I be doing?
As the Senior Financial Analyst, you will provide analytical support to the Senior Manager, Corporate Planning and will be responsible for a range of duties including preparing and analyzing financial reports for budget and forecasting purposes for the Global Brands and Commercial Services (GBCS) & Technology organization and supporting Hilton's capital budgeting and forecasting process. In addition, you will handle recurring monthly and annual reporting, monitoring expenditures against forecasts and budgets, ad-hoc projects and analysis, financial system process improvement, and providing regular financial and business analysis to management.
More specifically, you will:
- Prepare and analyze monthly financial performance reports and identify key trends that may impact future spending levels; prepare variance reports and presentations; build, improve, and maintain financial and business metrics reports and scorecards.
- Contribute in reporting monthly and annual financials to business partners, including the preparation of Global Brands and Commercial Services and FP&A monthly business reviews, quarterly board of directors materials, and budget materials; assist and prepare annual budgets for Global Brands and Commercial Services & Technology and capital expenditures.
- Build and maintain financial models using Excel, Hyperion and large datasets to identify areas of financial risk and opportunity and to provide accurate and timely financial forecasts; drive standardization, simplification, and automation of financial reporting and supporting processes.
- Assist with crafting and maintaining monthly forecasts for Global Brands and Commercial Services & Technology departments. Understand and identify business drivers and economics of brand program fee sources, departmental cost structures, and allocations.
- Provide ongoing support in capital expenditure monitoring, month end closing, variance analysis, forecasting and budgeting, including business case analyses to support major financial decisions.
- Run the Global Contract Database by reviewing new contracts and contract updates on a monthly basis and updating the database as applicable.
- Respond to fee and contract related questions from business partners.
- Provide any additional support to Global Brands & Commercial Services (GBCS) Finance and FP&A functions as settled by Finance leadership.
What are we looking for?
We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and comprehension skills, with the ability to clearly explain complex analytical topics to a wide audience who may or may not be familiar the subject matter
- Ability to build financial models to support forecasting, business analysis and financial metric reporting
- Extraordinary critical thinking and quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, with the ability to utilize logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and decision-making skills to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and to provide recommendations for optimal solutions
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and to appropriately prioritize responsibilities
- Full discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information
- Initiative and ability to operate with minimal direction
- Ability to quickly learn new programs as required
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Three to five (3-5) years of Accounting, FP&A and/or Finance experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and data analysis systems
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MS/MA Master's Degree
- CPA license
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!