Our client is seeking a Senior Embedded Software Engineer for our Clarksburg, Maryland office who is experienced in C++, Python and Embedded Linux.
Our client is a global company serving the defense, federal, and commercial markets with innovative solutions for the ground tactical, airborne and avionics, and naval/maritime. In addition to mission-critical communication systems, the company provides helmet-mounted displays and motion tracking technologies; SATCOM terminals; advanced sonar systems; and simulation.
Key contributor in new wireless communications equipment for use in tactical military applications:
- Perform software design in embedded Linux, C++/Python, Coding, Unit Test and Integration Test in agile environment without technical assistance
- Serves as technical lead in software development project
- Provides technical assistance in developing proposals and bids
- Provides technical guidance to junior level software engineers
- Minimum BSCS, BSCE or BSEE
- 4 years or more of experience in Software Engineering
- Significant experience with Embedded Linux, C++, and Python
- Possesses knowledge of practical and theoretical embedded software design as it applies to communication products
- Proven experience working on embedded systems in a Linux environment
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Focus on continuous improvement and innovation
- Active Secret Clearance Required
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.