Our client is a leading global supplier of surgical instruments and implantable medical devices. The company designs and produces surgical instrumentation and implants for Neurosurgery, Microsurgery, ENT, Plastic and Reconstructive, Thoracic, Micro-vascular, Cardiovascular, Orthopedic, Spinal, Laparoscopic and General Surgeries and Central Processing.
Our client is seeking a qualified candidate to be responsible for achieving and exceeding sales quota and sales/inventory forecasts through effectively directing the sales efforts of the company indirect/direct sales reps in the assigned District.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Directs and supports all assigned indirect/direct sales representatives to achieve/exceed their respective sales quotas.
● Achieves the annual sales quota and other relevant targets including but not limited to price realization, inventory management and sales force stability.
● Counsels direct sellers and Distributor Partners in their hiring, development and management of sales personnel within the assigned area.
● In conjunction with the National Sales Director, partner with distributors and direct sales personnel in order to define Strategic Account plans for the area and focus on the development of a strong collaborative working relationship in order to implement the strategic plans and achieve the overall objectives.
● Assists direct reports to define, communicate, and implement the assigned area sales objectives in alignment with overall SBA objectives and key areas of focus.
● Assists direct reports to help oversee technical product training for each assigned area sales reps and make recommendations for future development.
● Implements corporate sales policy within the assigned area.
● Works with Corporate Accounts Directors to initiate new managed care opportunities as well as manage existing contracts to maximize sales.
● Assists direct reports to organize and coordinate needed District meetings as well as manage the participating sales reps at conventions and academy meetings when assigned.
● Assists direct reports to develop and implement short and long-term sales plans and programs within the budget restrictions.
● Conducts annual and quarterly business plan reviews with the Distributors and their relevant sales directors and managers.
● Maintains close contact with surgeon champions, opinion leaders and Hospital/Corporate Account key decision makers in order to find new ways to strengthen The Company’s position in the market.
● Performs all required administrative functions, i.e., monthly reports, correspondence with sales personnel, customers, expense reporting, etc.
● Leads direct reports in implementing sales policies and programs, i.e. sales quotas, contracts, sales & inventory forecasts, expense budgets, etc.
● Effectively manages direct personal and sales representatives’ expenses, i.e. travel, meetings, entertainment, etc.
● Monitors performance of sales reps and make recommendations for promotions, reprimands, warnings and terminations.
● Interfaces with Marketing in projects that affect sales activity.
● Advises direct reports on performance standards of each sales representative within their specific area.
● Works closely with Operations team on inventory levels and policies/process for inventory management.
● Responds to customer needs, requirements and problems in accordance with company policy.
● Conducts data analysis market research as needed.
● Completes specifically assigned projects as required.
● Observes surgical procedures as required to remain informed of industry trends.
● Effectively manages personal and sales reps sample inventory and ensures product is returned in a timely manner.
● Must comply with applicable ISO and FDA regulations as stated in Quality Manual
● Must embody the Company’s Vision, Mission and Values
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Must be able to travel domestically and internationally by air and car, and work occasional weekends. Must possess a valid government issued drivers license and passport.
● Requires excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
● Computer skills in Windows, Microsoft Office Suite of products, Word, Excel, and Power Point desirable.
● This position requires the handling of instruments that may have been contaminated by blood or other bodily fluids. In compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, The Company will provide a safe working environment for all employees.
● Other duties may be assigned
Manages various direct sales positions including Territory Managers, Sr Sales Representatives, Sales Representatives and Sales Associates. Also provides leadership to manufacturing representatives and distributors. Managerial position that includes decision-making responsibilities as part of a spine sales leadership team.