Hilton is creating a best-in-class data & analytics department that will lead a connected ecosystem of data, technology, tools, techniques, people and processes. This innovative data & analytics function will drive advanced analytics and actionable insights to help drive Hilton's performance.
What will I be doing?
The Operations Team provides unique support for the overall Data & Analytics organization (DNA) by helping optimize day-to-day processes and procedures; facilitating the ongoing pipeline of work; recruiting and training leading industry talent; developing and showcasing thought leadership from our industry gurus; and aligning analytics objectives with Hilton's overall business strategy.
Collaborating closely with the Vice President, Center of Excellence Operations, you are accountable for all project, program and portfolio management processes & tools, and will lead Demand and Service Management (DSM) functions. This position is responsible for advancing the design, build, test, and deployment for all major CoE initiatives including signature data science projects and optimizing the organization's organizational procedures, systems and business processes. In leading the DSM functions, you will be responsible for strategic leadership, process maturation & adoption, the implementation of demand & service management standard practices and continuous improvement.
More specifically, you will:
- Maintain all department standards for resource intensive CoE initiatives
- Define, plan, prioritize, estimate, and execute major DNA projects
- Establish a CoE project delivery culture founded on waterfall and agile methodologies
- Own and mature the demand management tool and associated processes
- Focus on aligning the groups service offerings with the needs of the business
- Enable the organization to establish and mature a baseline from which it can plan, implement, and measure operational services
- Set, maintain and adapt all project management policies in support of the team's mission
- Govern project plans, landmark tracking, dependencies and activities across major CoE projects
- Establish and uphold an issue/risk management framework to support analytics and key data science initiatives
- Create program plans to integrate dependent projects and providing portfolio leadership
- Evangelize project management approaches, including Hilton Agile methodologies, as an organizational change agent
- Institute continuous process improvement initiatives using lean six sigma and other operational excellence frameworks
- Ensure the integration of IT strategy as part of project and program delivery functions
- Establish and maintain standards for project monitoring, quality assurance, Business Process Reengineering (BPR), DNA/IT customer support and operations training services
- Design and implement key service level agreements (SLAs) and operational level agreements (OLAs) for the CoE
- Measure SLAs and OLAs performance and establishes an action plan for improvement based on the set goals
- Define services and levels of support within the CoE service catalog
- Develop and maintain a platform to receive, process, and respond to customer's requests in a timely manner
- Set prioritization criteria for requests based on business value, complexity, etc.
- Lead planning activities to plan resources for data, reporting, and analytics activities and projects
- Negotiate service expectations for initial and future service levels
- Direct technical decisions, and evaluating the significance and impact of new developments in the ITSM and ITBM
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Demonstrated leadership navigating complex organizations
- Critical thinking and both quantitative and qualitative analytics skills with the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths/weakness of alternative and differentiated solutions, conclusions or approaches to problem
- Passionate team member, ability to collaborate with peers effectively
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, work well in demanding environments and effectively handle concurrent and contending priorities
- Effective communicator, collaborator, and influencer
- Strong customer service and communication skills (verbal, written), while employing diplomacy with high-level executives and customers across the enterprise
- Strong negotiation skills in order to maximize value for internal and external partners
- Self-starter, well organized, commitment to details, assertive and willing to take ownership of responsibilities
- Solutions orientation with a high level of positive energy and drive
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Success in bringing to bear traditional practices such as ITSM as well as emerging methods such as DevOps that are optimized for agility
- Practical experience in developing and implementing a high-performing ITSM environment and knowledge of ''what good looks like''
- Ability to build a strong partnership with the business and demonstrate the business value of IT
- Strong leadership acumen and proven track record of making teams great
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Twelve (12) years of professional experience
- Seven (7) years of experience leading Project Management Office teams, and Program Management related experience
- Five (5) years of IT service operations experience with at least three (3) years leading ITIL / IT Service Management teams and initiatives
- Three (3) years of experience supporting transformational projects while developing training, establishing program standards and policies, and managing project leads
- Background leading project management initiatives for a staff function or shared service organization
- Experience leading and/or coaching Agile Scrum teams
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Travel as required
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master's Degree
- Fifteen (15) years of professional experience
- Functional experience in hospitality
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)
- Lean six sigma experience (Certified Six Sigma Green Belt)
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!