***This role can be located in the Washington, DC Metro Area***
The Global Marketing team brings to life the unique promise of Hilton's portfolio of brands by defining, creating, and delivering exceptional multi-channel marketing campaigns designed to drive business results.
What will I be doing?
Have you developed ground breaking national campaigns with significant business goals and communication objectives? Can you specifically identify how all of the parts of these campaigns contributed individually and as a collective to achieving goals? Do you have a deep understanding of the media world and cross-channel communications planning? If your answer is a resounding 'yes' to all of these questions, then you will find yourself right at home in Hilton's media center of excellence as the Director, Media Strategy & Planning.
Reporting to the VP, Media, you will deliver high-performing, creative media plans across Hilton's portfolio of brands, through partnership, collaboration, and alignment across all media partners. Leading the relationship with Hilton's global media agency of record (AOR), you will not only handle and drive planning, but also execution and measurement of integrated media plans. Focusing on building and embedding global processes to improve consistency, you will work with media, brand marketing and agency partners to ensure full integration. In addition, as the lead for media strategy, you will ensure all media plans align to Hilton's strategic vision.
More specifically, you will: Media Strategy & Performance:
- Partner with the VP, Media to build integrated POV of Hilton's media strategy.
- Work with agency partners, brands, and regions to ensure top-notch media plans that deliver to business objectives.
- Serve as a media subject matter expert for internal marketing teams, both providing strategic direction/support at all stages of the lifecycle and establishing standards.
- Seek out opportunities for cross-brand/region efficiencies.
- Craft Key Performance Indicators and assessments for optimal media performance (in partnership with performance, customer insights, and data and analytics teams) and strategic optimizations (in conjunction with media and agency teams).
- Build performance reports as needed for marketing leadership (brand and consolidated).
- Provide ongoing education on media opportunities, including industry trends and creative opportunities to reach and engage with customers, using agency partners.
- Drive evolution to a fully integrated, collaborative approach to planning.
- Partner with agencies and Hilton stakeholders to build and ensure alignment to media planning timelines, ultimately driving on time launches.
- Implement appropriate tools and forums as necessary.
- Be responsible for the global AOR relationship, ensuring positive relationship, consistency, and performance.
- Build and maintain relevant budgets (retainers, T&E).
- Develop and ensure adoption of standardized tools, processes, timelines where relevant globally.
- Handle agency incentive program.
What are we looking for?
We are seeking creative visionaries who have a real passion for crafting innovative media plans. We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Successful history of working with cross-functional partnerships with both internal and external partners.
- Excellent presentation, public speaking, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to collaborate while selling-in ideas that are not always popular, including to senior leadership.
- Strong problem resolution skills, including effectively addressing any issue collaboratively with others.
- Expertise in analyzing data to make strategic and tactical recommendations; ability to help develop analytical skills among direct reports.
- Handle change, resolve conflicts, and ensure collaboration within teams; includes maintaining the highest standards of ethical conduct and integrity.
- Work independently and manage the work of other team members; recognize need for involvement of other teams/peers and capability to effectively facilitate that collaboration.
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Eight (8) years in corporate marketing or advertising agency roles
- Six (6) years of handling direct reports
- Four (4) years in agency management
- Deep understanding of media planning and buying
- 30% travel time
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of franchise organizations
- Luxury and/or financial services experience
- Branding and Acquisition Strategy Work
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!