The Global Marketing team brings to life the unique promise of Hilton's portfolio of brands by defining, creating, and delivering exceptional multi-channel marketing campaigns designed to drive business results.
What will I be doing?
As the Senior Director, Global Emerging Brand Marketing, you will report to the VP, Global Brand Marketing, and will lead development of marketing strategy for new ('emerging') hotel brands under development. You will apply consumer research and business findings to develop and refine consumer design targets, brand positioning, brand identity (including logo, tone of voice, visual identity, etc.), marketing strategy and integrated marketing launch plans for emerging brands. You will develop marketing approaches designed to launch the brand successfully to developers and consumers alike, growing distribution, market penetration, brand loyalty and revenue. You will work closely with the Marketing Centers of Excellence (CoE) to develop strategies and set the direction of brand positioning and marketing for Emerging Brands globally, in service of driving business results and brand love.
More specifically, you will:
- Identify core research, analytics, and metrics to inform consumer insights, drive efficiency of marketing executions, and develop strong, engaging creative.
- Craft a high-impact Brand.com and owned channel presence that drives conversion.
- Organize and lead the appropriate agency roster to support the needs of the Emerging Brands.
- Collaborate with all Global Marketing CoE's to plan, develop, implement and measure high-impact campaigns.
- Partner with Media Strategy & Planning and Social Media CoE's and agencies of record to plan and execute media strategies to achieve brand marketing goals.
- Monitor success and optimize opportunities for improvement in a test-and-learn environment to maximize return on investment.
- Build effective sponsorships/partnerships to connect core brand initiatives with third parties and reach new audiences in support of integrated global brand strategies.
- Support Hilton's franchise development marketing efforts as needed.
- Enable Hilton's growing portfolio of hotels to market themselves locally by building and maintaining centrally-managed tools and resources aligned with established brand identity guidelines.
- Cultivate partners up, down, across and diagonally within the enterprise, with a focus on key partners like Owners, Category and Global Brand Heads, and Brand Performance Support.
- Collaborate closely with key partners such as Enterprise Marketing, Hilton Honors Marketing, Global Teams in EMEA & APAC, Regional Marketing, Brand Communications, Media Strategy & Planning, Marketing Execution, Marketing Performance and others as required.
- Develop and effectively handle the Emerging Brands marketing budget, including the ratio of working to non-working dollars and monthly/quarterly forecasting and actuals reconciliation.
- Recruit and mentor premier talent while building a high-performing, thriving environment to promote a highly engaged, performance-motivated team culture.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Bring to bear consumer insights to power marketing impact and innovation
- Establish and nurture key relationships and communicate successfully up, down, diagonally and across the enterprise
- Partner successfully with the brand team to achieve shared objectives
- Build collaborative relationships while selling-in ideas that are not always popular
- Present ideas and initiatives confidently to senior executive and owner audiences
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Ten (10) years' experience in corporate marketing and/or advertising/marketing agency roles
- Six (6) years of team management experience
- Validated experience launching new brands and/or products
- 15% travel time
- Microsoft Office proficiency with advanced PowerPoint skills
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Degree in Marketing or related field
- Global/cross-cultural experience
- Knowledge of franchise organizations
- Experience working in a Center of Excellence (CoE) marketing model
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!