Hilton is creating a best-in-class Data and Analytics department that will lead a connected ecosystem of data, technology, tools, techniques, people and processes. This innovative data & analytics function will drive advanced analytics and actionable insights to help drive Hilton's performance.
What will I be doing?
The Analytics team serves as internal consultants to key functions across the business, including Hilton's Customer, Marketing, Digital, and Revenue and Sales organizations, with specialized support for the executive leadership team. The team consists of both embedded subject matter authorities (like this role), who serve as strategic advisors to key partners and technical guides, who are proficient in Tableau, R, SAS and MicroStrategy. The team is fully integrated within the business functions in order to ensure close partnerships and to effectively measure and drive company performance.
Reporting to the VP, Analytics you will be responsible for leading all aspects of Hilton's channel analytics journey in partnership with the product, HRCC, digital and other constituent teams, as well as primary support for the SVP of Product and SVP Customer Channels.
More specifically, you will:
- Lead the strategy for cross-channel analytics and data management
- Partner with SVP of Product and SVP Customer Channels to drive channel strategy from an analytics and data perspective
- Develop test, implementation, and execution plans to achieve channel and product goals and objectives
- Utilize and synchronize various data sources to develop fact-based and data-supported recommendations for the business
- Establish and run analytical methods and techniques, such as predictive analytics, enterprise decision support, and web analytics
- Educate others on how to leverage insights from analytics to drive business decisions
- Collaborate with others throughout the organization to support ad-hoc analysis
- Lead a team of approximately 2-4 direct reports and overall 10+ team members
What are we looking for?
We are seeking problem solvers, who are passionate about hospitality and who love the chance to create extraordinary guest experiences. We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Ability to engage audiences
- Collaborative and interpersonal teammates, who build positive relationships, exhibit tact and earn trust
- Strong communicators, both verbally and in writing, who effectively communicate at all levels of the organization
- Problem solvers, who are flexible and creative in finding solutions for hard problems
- Self-starters, who take initiative in leading goals, utilize analytical skills and possess adaptability to change
- Accountable individuals, who take ownership of projects, effectively communicate results and recommend improvements
- Respectful teammates, who possess a good work ethic and high degree of integrity
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Seven (7) years of professional experience
- Six (6) years of leading a team of direct reports
- Two (2) years of experience in digital analytics operations
- Two (2) years of hands-on experience with enterprise web analytics (i.e., Google Analytics Premium, Adobe Analytics, etc.)
- Three (3) years of experience working with advanced analytics, using analytic tools, benchmarking and competitive analyses, and business scenario modeling
- Three (3) years of experience coaching business users through data representation, interpretation, and storytelling of data
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master's Degree in data science, statistics, marketing/communication or in a related field
- Ten (10) years of professional experience
- Ability to engage audiences
- Extraordinary analytical, quantitative, and statistical skills
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!