SNI Technology's client located in Denver, CO is actively looking to hire a Senior Data Visualization Architect for an exciting direct-hire opportunity!
SNI Technology's client's Data & Analytics team is searching for a Senior Data Visualization Architect. In this role you are responsible for interpreting business requirements to create custom visualizations for communicating data stories to the business, senior executives, and our customers.
Are you innovative and curious? Do you realize that the best thing about good answers is that they lead to more good questions? Do you have a proven track record of creating powerful data analysis and visualization that inspires insight and change?
If so, we'd love to talk with you about this opportunity!
- Enhance capability to derive meaning from complex data using visualization technology.
- Act as an evangelist to influence the adoption of data visualization best practices.
- Evaluate and elevate our visual engineering practices through hands on coaching and communication.
- Lead and collaborate with internal and external data analysts, data scientists, and data engineers to translate business questions into flexible tools and dashboards that scale across the organization, always with end user experience in mind.
- Develop nimble data solutions to drive self-service and democratize access to information across the organization.
- Develop, maintain and distribute high performing reports, dashboards, and scorecards using visualization tools such as OBIEE and PowerBI.
- Quickly prototype solutions to demonstrate capabilities, refine requirements, and assist with data validation.
- Perform code reviews and other quality assurance steps as requested.
- Document technical specifications for design for implementation of analytics by remote development teams.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent education required
- 3-5 years of experience working on a team responsible for designing, building, and supporting Business Intelligence capabilities.
- Strong experience with visualizing variety of data sources including operational, ERP, IoT, machine-generated and semi-structured datasets
- Extensive experience with Oracle OBIEE including experience in RPD modeling, front-end design, and performance tuning.
- Must be proficient with model and report development in PowerBI
- Fluency in SQL, experience with Python preferred
- Must be visually literate and design literate
- Previous experience accessing, manipulating and interpreting data to inform decision-making
- Working with large, multi-dimensional data sets to uncover meaningful insights
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Familiarity with data architecture concepts including data warehouses, data lakes, and data virtualization.
- Ability to perform requirements analysis, capture and document the business and technical needs
- Data Virtualization architecture and pattern experience is preferred
- Enthusiastic about keeping abreast of the latest technologies. Self-motivated, inquisitive, and eager to adopt best practices
- Relationship-builder and collaborator/team player
- Make sound decisions and work well under pressure
- Excellent communication and writing skills
What we appreciate:
As members of the data team, we always give the best we have. We are looking for candidates that also want to give the best they have. We would therefore appreciate it if you could add a brief letter to your resume in which you explain why you are a good fit for this position. To give you some ideas, we love to read about the experience you're most proud of, a crazy anecdote, your unique vision or anything else you think is worth mentioning.