Hilton is creating a best-in-class data & analytics department that will lead a connected ecosystem of data, technology, tools, techniques, people and processes. This innovative data & analytics function will drive advanced analytics and actionable insights to help drive Hilton's performance.
What will I be doing?
The newly formed Data Strategy & Governance Team supports key functions across the business by utilizing creative solutions to provide frictionless and timely access to high-quality, integrated data. The team consists of authorities in data governance, quality, Integration, Modeling, and data channeling, reporting and dashboards.
Working with the Director, Data Architecture & API Library, you will ensure the right data is modeled, shaped and available for consumption in the most efficient way. You will provide a one-stop shop for sourcing all enterprise data by handling the data models and APIs, and playing a key support role in data services, aligned by data domain. You will support the construction, testing and optimizing of data integration patterns between Hadoop and BI tools to maximum performance.
More specifically, you will:
- Provide highly governed, documented and enterprise-aware set of data models used for reporting, dashboards and analytics self-service.
- Establish effective Data modeling support of the entire team for overall approach and methodology and final review of work.
- Provide an efficient Big Data architecture approach and infrastructure for the projects.
- Implement data shapes following the architecture designs.
- Keep close engagement with the BI team to optimize models and connection patterns for maximum performance.
- Support data query needs from multiple partners within the Center of Excellence (Dashboards, Analytics, and Data Science Pods) and in the business.
- Design data models to stage, cleanse and aggregate data in raw and enterprise zones on big data hortonworks platform.
- Architect data models for MicroStrategy dashboards and reports.
- Design ELDM (enterprise logical data models) for hospitality industry domain.
- Design data model for complex reporting requirements.
- Work with Business, Business Analyst, BI and MDM teams to develop, understand business requirements and translate that into technical requirements and data models.
- Document functional data integration requirements for ingestion of required data into the data lake.
- Work with IT data architecture to define technical integration requirements to supply required source data.
- Help be responsible for the library of all deployed Application Programming Interfaces (APIs).
- Support API documentation of classes, methods scenarios, code, design rationales, and contracts.
What are we looking for?
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Effective communicator, collaborator, influencer, solution seeker across variety of opinions
- Self-starter, well organized, deeply thorough and confident teammate, willing to take ownership of responsibilities, and possess a high level of positive energy and drive
- Persuasive communicators who will positively influence Hilton's partners and who will communicate effectively at all levels
- Collaborative and organized teammates who build positive relationships and trust
- Problem solvers, who are flexible and creative in finding solutions for hard problems
- Ability to lead multiple priorities, work with a since of urgency and effectively handle concurrent demands to prioritize responsibilities
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Five (5) years' experience in data modeling dimensional and third normal form
- Five (5) years of experience in SQL programming
- Expertise in SQL to understand and mine complex data relationships across different data domains
- Experience with erwin and ER/Studio
- Advanced Microsoft office and presentation skills
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Functional experience in hospitality
- End-to-end understanding of the data flow process (from ingestion to consumption layer)
- Expertise with BI tools, including Tableau, MicroStrategy and the respective data integration patterns
- Validated working experience with surrounding and supporting disciplines (data quality, data operations, BI/Data WH/Data Lake)
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!