This position will function as a senior developer tasked with implementing Information Management Services (IMS) at the level and with the context of an Enterprise deployment. They should be versed in the complexities of integrations between the IMS capabilities needed to deliver a wholistic IMS platform to serve the Enterprise's need for to steward data from conception to retirement.
The candidate should have:
- 8-10 years of experience in the Information space as a Developer up to Team Lead, including Technical Systems Analysis, delivering IMS solutions with an Enterprise Scope, including analysis, development, deployment, testing, and maintenance.
- A complete understanding of the purpose practice, and Implementation of Meta Data Management, Business Process Management (BPM), Integrations (both Batch and Real-time), Lineage, Security, Data and Modeling (OLAP, Operation Data Store, Data Warehouse, and Data Marts; with experience in Structured and Unstructured Datasets), Reporting and Business Intelligence, Disaster Recovery and Data Retention, Data Quality, and General Data Governance.
This position will work closely with the Architect(s) and the Business Analyst(s) in planning the deployment, configuration, and development of IMS capabilities and leading the technical team tasked with the execution.
This position is a Technical Role. There will be no direct reports, but the expectation is that, with the candidate's breadth of knowledge in the IMS space, they will be capable of leading and mentoring the execution team to the successful delivery of the IMS platform(s) and capabilities needed to serve the many business areas within the company. The role will participate in all phases of the system development life cycle and will independently and collaboratively write project/enhancement requirements and perform technical development/deployment duties.
- Writes design specifications for solutions as identified by Analyst, Lead and/or management
- Codes, tests and supports existing and new systems and applications
- Conducts thorough unit testing
- Communicates project status, issues and resolutions with appropriate Lead and/or Managers
- Support new and existing development projects with data and process modeling activities. Provide entity, logical and physical data models
- Perform database and data warehouse design across multiple platforms
- Create and maintain custom and vendor provided data technical dictionaries for all business systems.
- Leverage technical expertise in database warehousing and data modelling in support of internal and external customer's data exchange and integration needs.
- Estimates level of effort for work assignments and requests received, then communicate accordingly to the Project Manager to determine delivery time.
- Participate in data governance processes related to data quality and information management
- Knowledge and skills in data warehousing methodologies and tools, implementation strategies, and integration
- Ability to design and implement solutions that are reliable, scalable, and perform at a high-level to meet the service levels associated with mission critical Information Management solutions
- Ability to tune SQL statements/queries; knowledge of optimal tuning techniques
- Experience with various Data Sources - Oracle, SQL Server, Files, SSAS, Cloud applications, etc.
- Advanced understanding of software development life cycle and coding standards
- Experience in creating requirements, analysis, design and deployment documents based on standard and rapid development methodologies
- Demonstrated thorough understanding of modern enterprise architecture, hands-on experience with distributed architecture
- Strong understanding of relational data structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Broad knowledge of other disciplines within Information Services
- Experience working in an Agile environment preferred, tools a plus
- Customer Service
- Building Relationships
- Business Knowledge / Organizational Acumen
- Self-Motivation/Self Starter
- Leading Self and Others