Major, Lindsey & Africa’s Interim Legal Talent group has an immediate need for a Senior Counsel.
Overview: Our pharmaceutical client is in need of an attorney who will be responsible for assisting the Vice President, Corporate Law and Assistant Corporate Secretary with general corporate legal matters including corporate governance, maintaining the legal and organizational structure and its subsidiaries. Also responsible for the preparation and maintenance of the minutes of meetings of the Board of Directors and various board committees; conducting necessary research and prepare filings to maintain the company and its subsidiaries organizational structures, together with filings upon a change to directorships, a change to the partnership or other organizational changes; day-to-day corporate matters, including negotiation of general contracts, and assistance with various transactional matters.
Company: Large pharmaceutical company.
Compensation: Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Experience: 3 or more years of legal experience at a top law firm or in an in-house corporate legal department.
- Conduct analysis to determine if corporate or regulatory filings are required
- Research and prepare filings to maintain organizational structure, including filings required to transact business in various jurisdictions, corporate governance filings required in various jurisdictions and filings upon a change to directorships, a change to the partnership or other organizational changes
- Prepare meeting minutes, resolutions and other Board/committee documents to properly and accurately document the actions of the Board/committee
- Prepare and disseminate agendas and meeting presentations for Board/committee meetings
- Ensure that the Company and its subsidiaries satisfy their bylaws or other organizational documents and any applicable corporate governance laws, rules and regulations
- Establish and maintain a governance and enterprise management system
- Assist with certain legal projects assigned by the Vice President, Corporate Law & Assistant Corporate Secretary, or other senior lawyers in the Corporate Transactional Practice Group
- Negotiate, draft and revise various contracts between the Company and other parties
- Keep abreast of developments in the law affecting the Company and its policies and procedures, including data privacy and general corporate governance
- Provide timely legal support to assist all departments with their contractual needs in order to assist such departments achieve their objectives related to product portfolio development and operational excellence
- Assist with general contract drafting and negotiation
- Undergraduate and Law degrees; admission to State Bar (preferably Connecticut); admission to state and local courts. If not admitted in Connecticut, commitment to be admitted to Bar in Connecticut or become authorized in-house counsel in Connecticut
- Requires 3 or more years’ legal experience at a top law firm or in an in-house corporate legal department
- Solid grasp of basic legal tenets involving corporate governance, contracts, corporate law
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent judgment and ability to work quickly and independently
- Ability to effectively communicate with members of different departments in the Company, outside counsel and adversaries, and with foreign associated entities as needed
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- This position requires creative problem-solving capabilities.
- The work is fast-paced with constantly changing issues. The scope of tasks is broad due to the significant number of interactions with various management personnel.
- The position will require potential interaction with individuals throughout the organization at all levels.
- Position will require handling of sensitive confidential information and data as needed.