Our client is Hiring a CPA consultant, to become a long term member of their litigation team. Ideal candidate has experience as an auditor or forensic accountant. you will be working on a 16 person team providing the accounting expertise, collaborating with specialists in different fields to build cohesive litigation plans, must be able to work well independently and in small/ large groups. at times you will be leading your own team running point on a project and at other times you will be assisting other team members with their own projects. the targeted start date is no later than 1/31/2020. So this will be a fast paced hiring process, all candidates must make time for 4 total interviews, (phone screen, and in-person interview with a recruiter, in-person interview with the CEO and final interview round-table with the team) Below is a detailed description of the position and requirements.
If interested please email your resume and times you are available for a phone screen to Callan Murphy at
Opening for a consultant who is licensed as a certified public accountant in the State of Texas to provide accounting expertise for reports. The type of prior experience most applicable to this position would be in litigation support or audit.
- Consultant will prepare economic, statistical and financial reports used in litigation and regulatory proceedings for a national clientele
- In commercial litigation, the firm has special expertise in the health care sector, but prepares reports on a wide range of industries
- In personal injury litigation, consultant prepares reports on economic damages for plaintiffs and defendants
- Opportunity for the consultant to serve as an expert witness
Experience and Skills Desired:
- strong quantitative and writing skills
- experience analyzing the accounting records of many types of organizations
- experience working with the accounting data of health care providers and health plans is very desirable
- the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- the ability to meet tight deadlines
- the ability to work with attorneys, clinicians, and other consultants
1.) Five years as a practicing CPA minimum.
2.) Public Accounting Background in Audit
3.) Litigation Support Practice
4.) Ability to reverse engineer or replicate excel spreadsheets
Nice to Have:
1.) Ivy League Degree
2.) Healthcare Experience
3.) Big 4 Public Accounting Experience
4.) Following Accreditations - ****Listed in order of Prestige*****
a.) American Society of Appraisers (ASA)
b.) Institute of Business Appraisers (IBA)
c.) American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
d.) National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (NACVA)
e.) International Business Brokers Association (IBBA).
Extra Credit for a candidate with:
a.) Business Valuation Accreditation (Not real-estate)
b.) Certified Fraud Forensics (CFF)
Pays competitive salaries with a potential annual bonus based on the performance of the consultant and the firm. Offers a full benefit package including paid leave, health insurance, 401(k) plan, health savings account, and flexible spending account. An equal opportunity employer.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.