PD ALTESS is a managed service provider for Army and DoD IT systems and runs an on-premises private cloud and offers managed cloud services in Microsoft Azure followed closely by Amazon Web Services.
This position is for a Senior Systems Administrator to assist with a growing environment of Windows 2012r2, Windows 2016, and Windows 2019 systems. This position will work with the existing ALTESS Windows and Customer teams to manage, maintain, deploy, troubleshoot and support servers for a mixed customer environment. This role will be responsible for planning, executing, and implementing new system hardware and software, create and maintain team technical instructions, operating procedures, and policies as needed.
This position will need to be adept at monitoring the ongoing operation of the servers and providing utilization reports to identify problems and corrective actions as needed.
* 5-7 years of Senior level System Administration experience with Windows Operating Systems.
* 5-7 years' experience supporting various versions Citrix Xenapp (Versions 7.x preferred), NetScaler Gateway, Citrix Storefront, and Citrix Director.
* Senior Level experience in process automation utilizing Powershell
* Fundamental knowledge in networking principles (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, SNMP)
* Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
* Configure and support NetScaler ADC solutions to support scalable delivery of applications
* Experience effectively managing multiple large-scale projects
* Work with executive team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues.
* Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
* Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports.
* Ensure system connectivity of all servers, shared software, groupware, and other applications.
* Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, analytical and problem-solving skills, written and verbal communication abilities.
* Understanding of Data Center technologies and experience with maintaining a Data Center for a medium to large data center
* Experience developing best practices for maintaining firmware and drivers required to sustain a high availability of systems
* Experience in PowerShell scripting
* Ability to train junior team members.
* Experience developing and maintaining Technical Documentation and Instructions.
* Experience designing, documenting and writing project deliverable for enterprise implementations using Microsoft Office products such as MS Project and MS Visio.
* Working knowledge of DoD STIGs, and IA Vulnerability Management (IAVM) comparable security implementation practices
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.