A Senior Catering Manager is Responsible for the development of market segment(s) and solicitation of new customer relationships while maintaining existing relationships with corporate and social accounts while consistently striving to maximize revenue and promote relationships through effective negotiation of services, prices while assisting the Director in the management of the entire Catering Department. This team member will be responsible for local corporate business and events.
Find endless ways to play in Puerto Rico. From the beach to the pools to the outstanding amenities, we make it easy to do everything under the sun or absolutely nothing at all.
Escape to contemporary, chic rooms and suites offering every modern comfort and views unlike any in San Juan.
Perfectly poised for discovery; a short walk from Condado, five-minutes from Old San Juan and minutes from the Convention Center and Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport. If you're feeling adventurous, a 45-minute drive brings you to the El Yunque Rain Forest.
What will I be doing?
As a Senior Catering Manager, you are responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Responsible for representing the hotel through conducting conferences, making proposals and other external sales presentations to repeat and prospective customers to solicit, negotiate, coordinate all aspects of local catering business, including closing the business.
- Daily meets with and entertains customers, conducts property tours, participates in tradeshows, industry and community events to promote facilities and services and close deals. Has discretion and authority to negotiate contracts with customers and establish agreements with vendors.
- Manages all aspects of the customer relationship including drafting proposals and contracts responding to customer inquiries, as well as organizing all other arrangements as they relate to social and corporate events i.e.: set-up and execution of social and corporate meetings, meals and special events.
- Provides details of meetings and/or events logistics (BEO'S) to all affected departments and team members responsible for event execution.
- Provides guidance to Catering Managers to help ensure events are executed as planned.
- Creative design of menus and events to maximize revenue and event experience.
- Prepares and presents catering forecasts and reports as required by Director of Catering.
- Coordinates with Director of Catering in formal planning for and execution of significant events at the hotel.
- Audits customer checks and department charges and files to ensure accuracy.
- Supervises staff in creation and distribution of accurate written materials.
- Ensures that contracts, menus, letters and reports are completed according to Hilton standards and policies.
- Re-book functions and follow-up with customers by sending a thank you.
- Compiles Food and Beverage post event report
- Any other tasks as assigned by the General Manager
What are we looking for?
A Senior Catering Manager serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Strong leadership skills, whereas it is evident that you can effectively manage and motivate a team to perform beyond expectations
- Strong analytical skills so to understand key business indicators and competitive trends and develop approaches to these challenges
- Excellent selling capabilities and the ability and desire to coach selling techniques to Team Members
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Experience in a similar role with a proven track record
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of local market
- Knowledge of hospitality
- Passion for sales and for achieving targets and objectives
- Degree-level qualification in a relevant field would be advantageous
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!