Location Tulsa, OK 74117
Duration 11 Months
- The preferred candidate for this role may have SAP and/or experience with aerospace/aircraft.
- They could also have demand planning experience.
- The role would also travel as needed.
- Under general supervision, develops and implements cost-effective and efficient procedures to purchase assigned commodities in accordance with product specifications, services in accordance with User stated requirements, and company policies and procedures.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops sources of supply and obtains information from suppliers concerning product and/or service specifications, price, delivery dates, etc. and ensures all applicable data is current at supplier.
- Solicits quotes, conducts bid evaluations, evaluates costs, negotiates optimum delivery schedules and ensures the best combination of price, quantity discount, product quality, standard terms and conditions, and where appropriate, supports the establishment of long term agreements such as Master Orders and Blanket Purchase Agreements.
- Communicates with User departments such as Engineering, Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, Planning, Facilities and other departments as necessary to ensure their requirements are met.
- Prepares definitive purchase orders, including terms and conditions, makes award, administers contracts with suppliers within budgetary limitations, and ensures schedules are met.
- Monitors supplier performance, and prepares reports and other records pertaining to the items or services purchased, cost, delivery, product or service performance, supplier performance and/or inventories, as applicable.
- Resolves problems related to purchasing, delivery, receiving and payment to the supplier; determines source of the problem and takes appropriate corrective action.
- Coordinates administration of and response to all contract related documentation to include the requirement to review, coordinate, negotiate and implement changes to the contract.
- Supports the make-or-buy review and decision process.
- Assists in planning and reviewing the work of Associate Buyers, where appropriate. Perform other duties as assigned.
- A credit history check from a national credit bureau will be conducted for all candidates for this position including new hires and current employees seeking promotion or transfer.