A vaccuum parts manufacturer is searching for a senior buyer in the Hillsboro area.
The purchasing specialist is responsible for the sourcing of new suppliers, negotiating purchase price/terms, ensuring products/materials meet technical specifications, and evaluating supplier performance. The purchasing specialist will ensure timely delivery and resolve any scope of supply, damage, or discrepancy issues for all purchased components. Success in the role is based on your ability to develop efficient procurement solutions ensuring the consistent availability of components required to meet manufacturing and customer deadlines. You will manage stocked inventory levels. This person is responsible for purchasing dashboards in ERP. You must be able to develop procurement plans by reviewing customer forecasts as well as analyzing historical usage trends, then converting this information into a purchasing plan which takes into consideration variable costs such as order quantity, lead time incentives, and shipping methods. The purchasing specialist will also request RFQ's and placing POs with vendors ensuring the most favorable pricing while you build and maintain strategic relationships with key suppliers.
* Responsible for procurement/purchasing activities on assigned projects/vendors
* Analyzes RFQ information, price and lead time details to select the best vendor
* Prepares, reviews, and issues PO's to proper vendor
* Maintain accurate data in ERP system for incoming materials and sub-assemblies
* Build relationships with suppliers and negotiate pricing structures and payment terms
* Coordinate shipping & receiving on PO's, including overseas shipments
* Identify and communicate current and potential shortfalls in supply chain, supplying alternate solutions to meet manufacturing requirements
* Populate and present information to team members based on ERP system dash boards
* Proactively track and monitor status of PO's for shipping and actual delivery dates
* Provides management with monthly vendor performance metrics.
* Work with quality control team and lead the communication with vendors to resolve discrepancies in quality or quantity of materials
* Research and identify perspective suppliers insuring they meet the required standards.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.