PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Obtains materialsusing production and engineering schedules to maintaininventory at planned levels to achieve production schedule and business goals. Resolves internal, supplier, process, and system discrepancies to ensure production schedule and business goals are achieved. Creates and maintainsbills of material and parts/commodities numbersin enterprise wide systems. Ensures materialstandards are met and non-conformances or variancesare approved and/or eliminated. Requires minimum supervision or direction to achieve production schedule and business goals.
PRINCIPALDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Purchases and manages inventory levels of all materials, commodities, and services following established purchasing policies and procedures to optimize deliveryand uptime.
- Establishes strong partnerships with strategicsuppliers criticalto business.
- Manage assigned suppliers’ relationships and source,qualify, and rationalize new and existing productsand suppliers in accordance with established StandardOperating Procedures (SOP’s). Investigate and identifyqualified suppliers.
- Coordinates, conducts, and participates in meetingsand discussions between suppliersand/or supplier representatives and necessary related personnel concerning supply, demand, delivery, or quality.
- Executes purchase strategies and procurement programs in support production and business goals.
- Responsible for developing sufficient number of suppliersto assure continuityof supply, effectivecompetition, required quality and on-timedeliveries.
- Participate in instruction and training of less experienced personnel and provides guidance as necessary to assist in the performance of procurement activities.
- Investigates and implements processimprovements that increaseproductivity while reducingexpenses and protecting profitability.
- Requires limited supervision or direction to achieve production, business, or personal goals and objectives.
- May escalate issues to supervisor/manager for resolution as deemed necessary.
- Assist with various projectsas assigned by a direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performingthe essential functionsof this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear. Occasionally required walk.
- Corrected 20/20 vision is required.
- Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Ability and willingness to travel to supplier sites for internal meetings and/or audits within the US and abroad.