Hilton's Finance team is responsible for managing all global activities related to financial performance, accounting, tax, forecasting, risk management, and asset management. Within Finance, Hilton Accounting and Finance Services (HAFS) manages the finance and accounting functions, both on property and at Corporate, allowing us to develop scalable, global financial processes. Our finance Centers of Excellence provides Hilton Team Members the chance for challenging career growth across a wide spectrum of critical financial functions.
What will I be doing?
As an HAFS Senior Automation Business Analyst, you will focus on initiatives that support strategic Hilton automation projects and initiatives. You will be responsible for working with Hilton employees and contracted resources, project delivery, status reports, coordination, and overall management of geographically disbursed IT and business team to achieve HAFS Automation objectives. You will bring your deep understanding and experience along with SharePoint collaboration, strong organizational skills and a collaborative approach to working with extended groups of partners in order to provide dynamic business insight to your team members while supporting project management requirements. You will navigate a highly matrixed environment and collaborate with business, IT and outsourced teams in order to drive requirements through to delivery. You will also support the budgeting and forecasting activities necessary across the project portfolio.
The team will depend on your strong communications skills, both oral and written in partnering with the business and to represent the team in front of business, technical and vendor partners. Additionally, you will build and fine tune Word, Excel, Visio and Power Point presentations for leadership review.
More specifically, you will:
- Manage the identification, evaluation, prioritization, and selection of process candidates for technology deployment to improve efficiency, increase effectiveness, reduce process cycle time, and lower associated execution costs.
- Coordinate with the IT development teams, business owners, and other relevant partners to define requirements, design, develop, test, and deploy solutions.
- Assist in the creation and ensure the quality of all status presentations across all projects within the portfolio.
- Be responsible for creating and managing standards for deliverable storage, meeting minutes, action lists, decision logs, and risks across assigned projects in the portfolio.
- Support all requirements workshops sessions inclusive of meeting coordination, logistics planning, documentation approach, and follow through.
- Assist in creating budgets for annual planning, supporting business case development and coordination, managing forecast inputs/updates, and resource allocation.
- Monitor quality of solutions and suggest changes deliver improved performance.
- Collaborate closely with all IT and business team members to assist in alignment, next steps, feasibility, resourcing, and logical approach.
- Run the project intake process based on governance standards in the organization.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for problem solvers who are passionate about using their analytical skills to solve hard problems. We believe that business insight combined with a love for building positive partnerships is the best way to bring projects to completion. The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Leaders who are collaborative and comfortable with mentorship, providing feedback to leadership, and communicating results and areas for improvement.
- Dynamic communicators who will positively influence Hilton's partners and who will communicate effectively at all levels, both verbally and in writing.
- Self-starters who take initiative in implementing goals, operate with a cool-head under time constraints, and possess adaptability to change.
- Accountable individuals who effectively manage complex and multiple tasks with minimal direct supervision.
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Five (5) years of experience with implementing IT/technology projects
- Five (5) years of experience managing leadership expectations and finding ways to deliver on multiple, concurrent initiatives
- Three (3) years of experience with finance and accounting processes
- One (1) year of experience with Robotic Process Automation (RPA) technology implementation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Travel up to 25% of the time
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master's Degree
- Six (6) years of experience working on IT projects in a lead capacity
- Three (3) years of RPA Experience
- Hospitality Industry Experience
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!