Our Finance team serves as a critical business partner responsible for managing all global activities related to financial performance, accounting, tax, forecasting, risk management, and asset management.
What will I be doing?
As a Senior Analyst of Tax Operations, you will assist in the preparation, analyzation, and review of the federal and state compliance for the company's domestic and international entities. This is an important role that ensures that compliance is technically and mathematically accurate and all proper disclosures are completed. You will also ensure that compliance files are thoroughly and contemporaneously documented and are maintained in IRS and State audit ready format. Further, you will support the accounting for income taxes in accordance with GAAP (ASC 740) and IFRS (if and when implemented).
More specifically, you will:
- Complete reporting of international activity as required for the US Tax Compliance (Forms 1120, 8858, and 5471).
- Demonstrate an understanding of the US Internal Revenue Code, and ability to research, understand, and document tax technical positions utilizing available research software (i.e. RIA, CCH, BNA).
- Support the Audit Controversy team with our audits by providing guidance and assistance as needed.
- Assist the team in the design and implementation of operational improvements, which will lead to acceleration of processes, while maintaining accuracy of calculations and strength of internal controls.
What are we looking for?
We believe for the success in this role, you will be a self-starter with business insight that demonstrates the following attributes and skills:
- Collaborative and organized teammates who thrive in an interdependent work-culture
- Problem solvers, who are flexible and creative in finding solutions
- Accountable individuals, who make excellent use of their time management skills to exceed in meeting deadlines, communicate results, and recommend improvements
- Persuasive communicators, who will positively influence Hilton's partners and who will communicate effectively at all levels
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or Accounting
- Two (2) years corporate or public accounting experience in the area of income tax
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, and corporate financials (i.e. PeopleSoft, SAP)
- Fluency in corporate tax software systems, such as Corptax or OneSource
- Understanding of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, specifically those relating to tax reporting (i.e. FAS 109, FIN48) and Internal Revenue Code
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master's Degree
- Three (3) plus years corporate or public accounting experience in the area of income tax
- CPA license
- Experience in hospitality
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!