Hilton's Finance team is responsible for managing all global activities related to financial performance, accounting, tax, forecasting, risk management, and asset management. Within Finance, Hilton Accounting and Finance Services (HAFS) manages the finance and accounting functions, both on property and at Corporate, allowing us to develop scalable, global financial processes. Our finance Centers of Excellence provides Hilton Team Members the chance for challenging career growth across a wide spectrum of critical financial functions.
What will I be doing?
As the Senior Analyst, RTR Corporate Accounting, you will be responsible for performing analysis, reporting, and allocation preparation for various functions, programs and corporate departments. You will prepare monthly allocation changes, as well as maintain and demonstrate an understanding of the business unit accounts and provide explanations for variances. You will be expected to demonstrate Exceptional critical thinking and both quantitative and qualitative analytical skills with the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
More specifically, you will:
- Perform and maintain queries or nVision reports for analyzing data used in month end accounting close.
- Perform month end research and analysis to ensure accuracy of accounts. This includes compiling other month and year-end ﬁnancial reporting as required.
- Document and demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the balance as well as the current month activity. This includes preparing reports and responding to questions from both internal and external auditors.
- Review key closing journal entries and other reports/projects completed by the outsourcing provider to ensure proper GAAP accounting.
- Communicate with the Consolidated Reporting and Financial Planning and Analysis groups and provide information as requested.
- Liaise with the GBCS IT Finance team to support analysis along with issue resolution efforts.
- Complete any allocation changes on a monthly basis and distribute the monthly allocation data query to GBCS and other parties.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationship within Corporate Accounting and other departments.
- Manage information requests from various corporate departments and management levels by researching and responding in a timely manner.
- Utilize records management program for ﬁling, protecting and retrieval of journal entries and other records. This involves ensuring compliance with policies.
- Clearly explain complex analytical topics to a wide audience who may or may not be familiar with analytics or the subject matter.
- Demonstrate absolute discretion and conﬁdentiality regarding sensitive information.
- Attend and participate in department and corporate meetings and work-related events.
- Work on special projects assigned by the supervisor or other members of management as needed.
- Support an environment of continuous improvement using Lean and Six Sigma techniques.
- Identify and support process improvement opportunities and partner with the Transitions and Automations teams where applicable.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for problem solvers, who are passionate about extraordinary teamwork and solving hard problems. We believe that business insight combined with a love for building positive partnerships is the best way to bring projects to completion. The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Leaders, who are collaborative and comfortable with mentorship, helping their team prioritize, providing feedback to leadership, and communicating results and areas for improvement
- Exceptional Interpersonal communicators, who will positively influence Hilton's partners and who will communicate effectively at all levels, both verbally and in writing
- Self-starters, who take initiative in implementing goals, operate with a cool-head under pressure, and possess adaptability to change
- Accountable individuals, who effectively handle complex and multiple tasks with minimal direct supervision
- Strong business writing and communication skills
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Three (3) years of relevant, professional Accounting experience
- Solid understanding of principles and practical application of GAAP
- Excellent proficiency in Excel, Word, Windows, PeopleSoft, and HFM
- Travel - up to 10% of the time
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Five (5) years of relevant, professional Accounting experience
- CPA license
- Hospitality industry experience
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!