Our Finance team serves as a critical business partner responsible for managing all global activities related to financial performance, accounting, tax, forecasting, risk management, and asset management.
What will I be doing?
As the Senior Analyst, Fixed Assets and Projects, you will act as functional support for the Global Fixed Assets (FA) and Project Accounting (PA) user community and other financial systems Projects. You will have the opportunity to work with business users in Memphis, Glasgow, McLean, Shared Services locations and the IT teams to determine the approach and viability of requested/necessary process changes. During project and enhancement work, the team will depend on you to gather requirements, complete fit-gap analysis, create testing scenarios and build a deep understanding of best practices within these business process areas. The best practices will be demonstrated by a thorough understanding of the delivered functionalities, the underlying business processes and the application capabilities. This position will uphold the objectives achieved during the project in regard to standardization of the worldwide processes and limit Financial Systems customization. You will lead the development of use cases, testing, implementation and communication of all changes to the FA and PA user communities. Will also be responsible for a global ongoing training program to ensure all functional users understand the application capabilities delivered and how they are expected to perform their roles.
More specifically, you will:
- Complete Fixed Asset/Project Accounting System configuration as assigned
- Serve as liaison between business users and the IT organization
- Provide assistance with researching and resolving technical and functional issues
- Perform a variety of project related activities, including analysis or preparation of documentation and presentations
- Manage and complete configuration of for AM and PC modules
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Critical thinkers, who use both quantitative and qualitative analytical skills - including the use of logic and reasoning - to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Decision makers, who exercise good judgment, consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions, and who provide recommendations for optimal solutions
- Interpersonal communicators, who will positively influence Hilton's partners with excellent comprehension skills
- Self-starters, who take initiative in implementing goals, are comfortable operating with a cool-head under time constraints, effectively handle concurrent demands, and prioritize responsibilities
- Accountable individuals, who effectively exceed in meeting deadlines, communicating results, and recommending improvements
- Ability to quickly learn new programs when required
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Three to five (3-5) years of professional experience
- Three to five (3-5) years of Fixed Assets/Project Accounting experience
- Travel up to 20% of the time
- Experience with PeopleSoft Accounting System
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master's Degree
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!