Hilton is creating a best-in-class data & analytics department that will lead a connected ecosystem of data, technology, tools, techniques, people and processes. This innovative data & analytics function will drive advanced analytics and actionable insights to help drive Hilton's performance.
What will I be doing?
The Customer Analytics team serves as a trusted business partner to the Customer engagement Lifecycle & Partnership (CELP) team, with specialized support for the Leadership team. The Customer Analytics team consists of both embedded subject matter experts who serve as strategic advisors to the CELP stakeholders ('Spokes'), and experts who are proficient in advanced analytics, data modeling and visualization ('Hub'). Our team is fully integrated within the business function in order to ensure a collaboration in achieving and measuring objectives. In addition, the Customer Analytics team is tasked with supporting the development of a customer-centric decision culture at Hilton by disseminating customer knowledge to other business teams who may benefit.
Working with the Senior Manager, Customer Analytics, Cobrand, we will depend on the Senior Analyst to serve as a trusted partner to the CELP business unit, with specific support for the Cobrand (Hilton and American Express Cobranded Credit Card program) team.
More specifically, you will:
- Independently complete data request by understanding business questions, extracting data from relational database, translating data insights into recommendations and presenting findings to key business partners.
- Support changes to specific reporting, meaningful standards, data, and policies that impact business as usual for the customers.
- Contribute to strategic projects by taking lead on project status report, documenting decisions and findings, conducting research and executing test and learn.
- Develop strong business partner and multi-functional relationships, including but not limited to product, marketing, digital, and customer teams.
- Support the achievement of critical standards for the Cobrand American Express partnership through existing and new analytic techniques as well as partnering with other teams across DNA to use skills and resources.
- Work closely with the Data Strategy & Governance Team on file transfers between Hilton and American Express, ensuring that processes are followed and timelines are met.
What are we looking for?
We are seeking problem solvers, who are passionate about hospitality and who love the opportunity to create extraordinary guest experiences. We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Ability to engage audiences
- Collaborative, interpersonal and helpful teammates, who foster positive relationships, exhibit tact and earn trust
- Strong communicators, both verbally and in writing, who effectively communicate at all levels of the organization
- Problem solvers, who balance flexibility and creativity in finding solutions for hard problems
- Self-starters, who take initiative in handling goals, utilize analytical skills and possess adaptability to change
- Accountable individuals, who take ownership of projects, effectively communicate results and recommend improvements
- Diplomatic teammates, who possess a good work ethic, transparency and high degree of integrity
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Two (2) years of professional experience
- Two (2) years' experience coding in SQL to manage master data, conduct analyses and diagnose reporting issues
- One (1) year of experience working on reporting and/or Analytics teams
- Experience in the Financial Services industry working on a credit card business
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree and/or MA/MS Master's degree in Analytics or Statistics
- Five (5) years of professional experience
- Experience in the Financial Services industry working on a cobranded credit card business
- Hospitality experience
- Experience using and creating predictive models in an enterprise framework, using tools such as TensorFlow, Scikit learn, Python, SAS, and R
- Experience analyzing customer data in a P&L business
- Experience interpreting business questions into analytics plans
- Experience managing projects with an offshore team
- Experience working with third party partners, designing, tracking and quality checking partners' analysis results
- Strong value realization skills, including understanding of the financial implications of initiating or foregoing a project
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!