Hilton is creating a best-in-class data & analytics department that will lead a connected ecosystem of data, technology, tools, techniques, people and processes. This innovative data & analytics function will drive advanced analytics and actionable insights to help drive Hilton's performance.
What will I be doing?
The Analytics team serves as internal consultants to key functions across the business, including Hilton's customer, marketing, digital revenue and sales organizations with specialized support for the executive leadership team. The team consists of embedded subject matter authorities, who serve as strategic advisors to key partners and technical authorities, who are proficient in Tableau, R, SAS and MicroStrategy. The team is fully integrated within the business functions in order to ensure close partnerships and to more effectively measure and drive company performance.
Working with the Senior Manager of Channel Analytics, the Senior Analyst, Channel Analytics will serve as a resource for supporting Customer Channel organization business partners as well as use advanced analytics tools and technology to deliver key actionable insights to support data driven decisions regarding revenue performance and customer experience across Hilton's direct channels.
More specifically, you will:
- Work closely with Key Business Partners in Hilton's Customer Channel organization to identify and take on key business problems by using data to drive actionable results.
- Own and manage key projects that support business partner priorities, gathering needs, developing analytical plan/approach, conducting analysis, and delivering key insights back to business partners.
- Craft a robust channel performance story through in-depth analysis of granular data across Hilton's channels, concentrating on shifts and drivers of trends in the business.
- Form positive partnerships and collaborate with other Analytics teams to understand, communicate, and implement critical metrics, analytics, and process standard methodologies across teams, demonstrating multi-functional skills, knowledge and data to produce more cohesive and impactful analyses.
- Use advanced analytical models and tools to develop forecasts and targets for customer traffic and revenue across Hilton direct channels.
- Utilize customer contact data across channels to develop Customer Journey analysis to better understand customer pathways.
- Utilize tools like Adobe Analytics, MicroStrategy, R and Alteryx to access, and analyze data across Hilton Channels.
Members of this team will vary in terms of professional experience; team progression and growth will be key success measures for you as Analyst. You will need to think strategically and be a creative problem solver. A crucial part of this role will depend on your good communication of objectives, demonstration of confirmed partnership skills, and success in team-building skills.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- An adept communicator, able to transform data and advanced analytical results into an insightful story connecting data with business concepts, strategy and objectives
- An innovative and intellectually curious mind, willing to challenge the status quo in an effort to continuously improve
- An ability to quickly learn and master new tools, programs or languages, to develop a versatile analytical toolkit
- A desire to work multi-functionally across teams and organizational functions, accepting diversity in skills, perspectives and approaches to arrive at an effective solution
- An affinity and passion for data, and the power of data in driving key strategic and tactical decisions
- The ability to handle various tasks and challenging deadlines, being able to prioritize, plan and negotiate around conflicts or challenges
- Strong communicators, both verbally and in writing, who effectively communicate at all levels of the organization
- Problem solvers, who are flexible and creative in finding solutions for hard problems
- Dedicated self-starters, who take the initiative to exceed goals, utilize analytical skills and possess adaptability to change
- Accountable individuals, who take ownership of projects, effectively communicate results and recommend improvements
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Three (3) year of professional experience
- Three (3) year of experience analyzing data, including storytelling, benchmarking, and high-reaching analyses, modeling, etc.
- One (1) year of experience analyzing customer contact data (Digital, App, Contact Center, Chat)
- One (1) year of experience with BI Tools (MicroStrategy, Alteryx, R, Adobe)
- Experience communicating analytical insights directly to key business partners
- Experience owning and managing projects and timelines, working directly with business stakeholders
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- One (1) year of experience with advanced analytics techniques and models, particularly R
- Knowledge of database architecture and data modelling principles and techniques
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!