Hilton is creating a best-in-class data & analytics department that will lead a connected ecosystem of data, technology, tools, techniques, people and processes. This innovative data & analytics function will drive advanced analytics and actionable insights to help drive Hilton's performance.
What will I be doing?
The Customer Analytics team is focused on using customer data to develop advanced analyses, reporting data structures and predictive models, ultimately providing Hilton with the understanding to help acquire, activate and grow our customer base. We serve as trusted business partner to Hilton's Customer Engagement, Lifecycle and Partnership (CELP) teams, and demonstrate these advanced data techniques to answer the 5-Ws behind the customer:
- Who is the customer?
- What motivates the customer to stay with Hilton?
- When and where will a customer stay/interact with Hilton?
- Why does a customer engage with Hilton and our Honors program?
Our team consists of embedded authorities, analysts, modelers, technical managers, data strategists and report developers.
More specifically, as the Senior Analyst, you will:
- Utilize your experience to develop data-driven procedures, analyses and reports to elevate our overall output for our business partners at Hilton.
- Build from a 'hub and spoke' model, with 'Hub' team members providing the technical acumen in support of Spoke team members who are the first line of support to the business.
- Craft ongoing understanding around the 5-Ws.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Ability and desire to manage a team of like-minded data analysts
- Self-starters, who take initiative in balancing goals, utilizing analytical skills and possessing flexibility to change
- Strong communicators, influencers and solution-seekers, who effectively communicate at all levels of the organization
- Organizers, who have superb attention to detail and possess a high level of positive energy and drive
- Accountable individuals, who make phenomenal use of time management to prioritize multiple priorities, work well under time constraints and effectively balance concurrent demands to prioritize responsibilities
- Teammates, with a real passion for building positive relationships, exhibiting tact and earning trust
- A high level of accountability and commitment to solving problems through critical thinking
- Dedicated self-starter with a work attitude that exhibits flexibility, drive, good judgment and dependability
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Three (3) years of equivalent professional experience
- Three (3) years of effectively executing SQL across enterprise-wide databases (e.g., Teradata, Redshift, Azure, etc.)
- Two (2) years of data engineering experience (e.g., ETL, SQL scripting, data construction, transformation, etc.)
- Two (2) years of proven expertise in developing and communicating frameworks for data reporting
- Proficiency delivering data analysis through Excel reports, Tableau and/or other reporting/visualization tools
- History of creative proficiency to help the business answer customer-centric questions through strategic use of customers databases
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree and/or MA/MS Master's Degree
- Five (5) years of equivalent professional experience
- Five (5) years of experience developing groundbreaking data processes, logic and automation as it pertains to business analysis, modeling, etc.
- Three (3) years of experience designing solutions in reporting/visualization frameworks (e.g., MicroStrategy, Tableau)
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!