The Senior Accounting Manager will support our Peak Portfolio and is responsible for ensuring timely, accurate and complete financial statements are provided to clients in accordance with the terms of the client services agreement.
This position leads and oversees the accounting functions within Community Finance, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets and all other functions that support the financial close process. This position serves as the accounting liaison with owners as well as community level and company leadership.
- A strong knowledge of the assigned portfolio of communities will be necessary to assist business partners in making informed decisions and driving performance results.
- Directs the monthly financial statement close process by ensuring operational activities are performed accurately and timely including:
- Day-to-day processing and timely completion of accounts payable, payroll, resident billing, entrance fees and fixed assets
- Preparation and review of financial statements
- Regular communication to the Director regarding any material variances
- Balance sheet reconciliations completed and reviewed
- Filings and tax payments to regulatory agencies
- Maintaining the integrity of the accounting systems and practices used by the accounting personnel
- Implements and leads training of new business partners on the company's accounting systems software and best practices in a prompt, efficient, and professional manner
- Leads and manages the accounting team responsible for closing the books
- Supervises, hires, evaluates and sets performance expectations and goals for individual team members
- Coaches and provides career development advice
- Trains or oversees the development of new team members
- Develops and recommends changes to procedures and system documentation to improve the operating quality and efficiency of the department
- Provides assistance, guidance, and support to team members in responding to community requests; leads the resolution around unusual or complex problems
- Serves as the primary liaison with the client regarding accounting transactions and results
- Participates with the finance team in development of the annual budget
- Drives financial controls and accountability for operational excellence. Develops repeatable processes to reuse as the business grows
- Participates in developing and implementing the division's strategic plan and programs. Advises on financial matters that impact short-term and long-term planning
- Establishes collaborative relationships with the team members, leadership and the client that fosters trust and improves communication to achieve desired outcomes
- Develops, implements and enforces policies and governance that mitigates risk and improves business effectiveness
- Contributes as an active member of the Community Finance leadership team
- Partners with Director and other Managers to ensure continuous improvement to department skills and knowledge, processes and efficiencies
- Evaluates team structure and role definitions regularly to ensure successful delivery of financial services and support and alignment with key stakeholders
- Assists with creating and maintaining policy, procedure and best practice documentation; assists with the implementation and utilization of new or enhanced systems, models and tools
- Serves as a senior team member on project teams and task forces
- Presents to a wide variety of audiences regarding the division's financial performance and related activities
- Completes special projects, as requested or assigned
- Four year degree in accounting and minimum of five years of related experience
- Two years management or proven leadership experience
- 10+ years of experience in accounting related positions where they are working hands on with accounting supporting multiple communities or portfolios.
- Multistate experience would be good as well.
- Familiarity with CCRC and/or long-term care industries preferred
Are you seeking the opportunity to grow and develop with one of the leading health care companies? If so, then this is the opportunity for you. Do not miss out and apply today!
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.