DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Support the organization in preparation of financial statements, financial analysis and accounting policies and procedures; assist in establishing and maintaining the organization's accounting principles, practices and procedures and serve as a resource to site and corporate accounting staff.
- Generate and analyze monthly financial statements as assigned.
- Participate in the internal audit process.
- Assist in the external audit process.
- Establish positive working relationships with site and corporate personnel and serve as a liaison for all financial personnel and assist them in resolving accounting related issues.
- Prepare reports as required by regulatory agencies.
- Participate in a variety of special projects as assigned by the Corporate Accounting Manager.
- Participate in the review of the applicable financial policies and procedures for the company.
Knowledge, Skills and Personal Attributes.
- Possesses strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the non-profit business environment; sound mathematical, technical and analysis skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to plan, prioritize, organize and problem solve to effectively manage multiple projects and activities; exercises good judgment in making sound, well-informed decisions Is proactive, results-oriented and adapts rapidly to new situations or information warranting attention.
- Communicates effectively both in oral and written form, listens effectively and facilitates open communication and exchange of ideas. Is comfortable and effective at presenting information and speaking to groups.
Education, Credentials and Experience
- BA/BS degree in Accounting required; minimum of 3 years progressive related experience required, 5 years preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of financial/accounting software, strong MS skills, particularly with Excel and Word, and familiarity with Crystal report writing.