Dana James at Robert Half Finance & Accounting is seeking a Senior Accountant focused in Internal Controls and Policy for a large financial institution in the St. Louis area. As a Senior Accountant you will be responsible for maintaining controls for various accounting functions. This individual will be responsible for maintaining and developing automated accounting systems, controls, and procedures. This person will also be a liaison during audits, will assist with monthly close, and will evaluate, document, and improve internal controls, as well as evaluate the impact of new accounting rules and advise senior leadership on implementation. Candidates for this role should possess their Bachelor's Degree, CPA Preferred, have 3+Years Public Accounting Experience, and strong communication skills. For immediate confidential consideration please contact Dana James at 314-656-0420 or at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic and constantly changing company environment
- High attention to detail and possesses excellent organizational and writing skills
- Skilled at time management
- Vow to meet business deadlines
- Deep understanding of internal controls
- 3+ years of overall general accounting experience, ideally with Big 4 experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and social communication skills
- Knowledgeable of ERP systems
- Internal Control experience desired
- Regulatory Audits experience preferred
- Internal control review experience required
- Proficiency in accounting policy
- BA/BS , CPA credentials are preferred
- Self-driven motivator who takes initiative on projects with a strong ability to understand and solve creative challenges
- Demonstrated analytical abilities, tendency to quickly connect dots and surmise logical outcomes
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.