$70000.00 to $85000.00 yearly
Our client, a brand name non-profit is searching for their new Senior Accountant. This exciting role would be a great platform for a candidate who wants to take on diverse projects as well as truly support operations, This leading Association offers fantastic work life balance with a 37.5 standard work week as well as some remote work capability. This is a chance to be part of a true team as part of a larger, very stable, work life balance friendly association.
Their Controller is known to be a good mentor and developer of talent and has a history of retaining their staff. This position is an ideal for someone with prior public accounting or corporate commercial experience who wants to break into the non-profit industry.
Key duties for this Senior Accountant role will include:
1) Support of the monthly close -preparing adjusting journal entries, accruals and account reconciliations.
2) Preparation of financial statement analysis - review of accounting transactions and variance explanations over balance sheet and P&L accounts
3) Support of the external audit including supporting schedules, footnote preparation, analyses and responding to inquiries from the outside CPA firm
4) Many special projects such as systems enhancements, technology upgrades and operational support projects
5) Support of a major revenue generating operating division - including financial analysis and management guidance
Please forward your resume in confidence to Raj Khanna at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
for immediate consideration for this role and our other many active openings in the Washington, DC Metro area.
1) Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field - CPA or parts passed a plus
2) 3 or more years of related experience in finance or accounting
3) Proficient in Excel with knowledge of pivot tables/lookup functions
4) Experience with Great Plains or similar systems a plus
5) Prior public accounting experience is a major plus
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
$70,000.00 - $85,000.00 /Year